SG-122 ARTSHTURM III

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: SG-122 ARTSHTURM III

Post by ColemanCollector »

The homeliness of the KV-2 has been officially surpassed.

What a cool project! The estate sales full of baby clothes, VHS tapes, and hardcover copies of "The Da Vinci Code" that I encounter need to up their game!

Mike.
Last edited by ColemanCollector on Sun Apr 07, 2024 1:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

https://en.topwar.ru/172258-protivotank ... novok.html

And this for an overview of the need for SPGs with 122mm guns!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Mikes right that thing Is butt ugly, but also very cool. KV2 still takes the top slot for me, this "thing" is a close second though.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

Fascinating article and project. Definitely learned something today as I had no idea of those vehicles even existing. :thumbup: As far as the KV-2 goes once you own one you become very attached to their homeliness. :haha: :haha: :haha: Definitely right up there as far as my favorite tanks to actually drive around the field with
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Dug out some spare tools that seem to accumulate!
Following the strictly correct locations for them was compromised by other add ons but they are close enough.
I just need to get the tracks done & I can call it.
IMG_3773.jpeg
IMG_3773.jpeg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 146 times
IMG_3774.jpeg
IMG_3774.jpeg (2.96 MiB) Viewed 146 times
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Good job. I'm beginning to think I need to quit my day job in order to finish up my tank projects...
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

A face only a mother could love. Kind of a hunchback of Notre Dame vibe goin' on. Great job!

Mike.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Bix, if it's the estate sale of which I am aware, you have done fine tribute under sad circumstance. Then, too, this model represents the kind of mechanical ingenuity I have seen in peacetime among farmers here in the US. Bravo, Herman.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

ColemanCollector wrote: Thu Apr 11, 2024 11:01 pm A face only a mother could love. Kind of a hunchback of Notre Dame vibe goin' on. Great job!

Mike.

Yeah its pretty hideous ;)
A big unit when compared to a normal StuGIII

https://battlefield.ru/content/view/53/45/lang,en/
Reading up on the combat use of these showed that the first SU122's and SU185's were a direct result of these machines and their potential.
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Other Builds”