ETO Armor - RIP Robert Hern

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

ETO Armor - RIP Robert Hern

Post by tankme »

I know I had been wondering between the war in Ukraine and Covid outbreaks why we hadn't heard from Bob. This was posted today on RC Universe. Sad news. I only had a few dealings with Bob over the years, but they were all positive.

From user Hal Husker:

You guys do not know, I think... My Friend, great fan of RC Tanks and Battles (one of the "great people" in between us) and the owner of ETOARMOR Robert Hern passed away in December 2022. I am so surprised to see here that nobody knows about that... He was a great man, we spent with him quite some time. And a lot of things that I know about RC Tanks that is because of him. He is in my heart and will be... RIP.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Re: ETO Armor - RIP Robert Hern

Post by Panzermechaniker »

That is very sad. I remember him telling me in an email how he ended up in Sevastopol. Great guy to deal with but I do remember him mentioning that he'd had to go for tests. This was around the start of 2022
jarndice
Colonel

Re: ETO Armor - RIP Robert Hern

Post by jarndice »

He made and sold quality products especially his gearboxes, I did buy from him but because his stuff came via the US Postal Service the costs were crippling or I would have bought a lot more,
RIP Bob and thank you.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:

Return to “General Discussion”