Swapping electronic HL for Taigen

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Prodee
Recruit

Swapping electronic HL for Taigen

Post by Prodee »

Hello, I would like to change my electronics to a Taigen v3 board for better sound mainly. I just read different things about this. Is this possible? I can solder well.

I have this one in mind. https://www.taigentanks.com/collections ... rd-speaker

Has anyone done this before? What is involved in getting everything working? I have Gun recoil and I would like to keep it. I read that you don't have a machine gun sound, but that's not a problem.

I also read that you have to program things with a Sony remote. Is this true and is this also possible with another remote?
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Swapping electronic HL for Taigen

Post by Kaczor »

Prodee wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2024 7:50 am I also read that you have to program things with a Sony remote. Is this true and is this also possible with another remote?
You've confused the Taigen board with the Clark board (which requires a remote control for programming).

As for the question - it depends on what version of the HL board you have. In the case of older versions the transition is simpler, newer boards require more changing / resoldering of few cables.
Prodee
Recruit

Post by Prodee »

Okay thanks. Do you know where I can find more information about this?
Kaczor
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Kaczor »

The best would be photo of the board and transmitter.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Is your H/L a V7 or V6 ?
Does it already have recoil?

The Taigen stuff is good, but the later H/L V6.1 and V7.1 are much better & drive a lot better.
Sounds are pretty much on a par depending on the version, but the rest of the functionality puts the HL out in front for me.
Also, the taigen stuff relies on microswitches to trigger the barrel flash & sound, and mother & daughter boards to connect the turret and hull functions together. Not there on H/L 6.0 or 7.0 systems.
There will be a lot of cross-pollination to get the Taigen system live in an H/L tank.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Prodee
Recruit

Post by Prodee »

I have the heng long tk 7.0 in my tank. How can post a picture here?

Does the hg v6.1 or v7.1 sounds that fit the t34?
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

In short-no. T90 only which are good but not T34 or JS unfortunately.
The Taigen T34 sounds and gearchange is very good I will agree. And when put thru a good speaker are reeeeeealllly good.
Well worth pursuing.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

If you really feel it worth changing your board I would suggest the Heng Long 7-1 board it is far better than the Taigen V3 after that you are looking for a Clark board as there is nowhere near as much choice as once there was.
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

I suggest that if you have a contemporary Main Battle Tank, go for the Heng Long board for good control. For WWII US, Russian, or German tank, go with the Taigen V3 with the correct sound.
(If Taigen were to match HengLong control and HengLong were to match Taigen sound, we would have lots of great choices.)

Return to “Heng Long”