Somebody deserves a shout out!

Feel free to discuss anything and everything to do with tanking here!
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Somebody deserves a shout out!

Post by ColemanCollector »

And I'm talkin' about you, Herman Bix!

So back in early December/23, I started my KV-2 as part of the group build projects. Member Tankme posted a cool pic of a KV-2 with the little seen square fuel/oil tanks on the fender. Good ol' Herman says he's got a couple and he'll send them to me--and refuses to accept even my postage money (a package sent from Australia to Canada isn't cheap!). Says he's been helped plenty over the years and he's just returning all the goodwill on this forum. But the saga continues...

Well, the end of February rolled around, the tanks were AWOL, so I let Herman know because I didn't want him thinking I was some schlep that receives a gift and never acknowledges it. I told Herman thanks for sending them and I felt bad that he had spent all of that money, but not to worry about it, and that who knows, it might arrive someday.

So what does Herman do? Says it's too late, another pair are on their way, and no, postage money is not needed. Dang, these New Zealanders are nice folks!

This time, Australia Post and Canada Post worked their magic and here's one cool mail call:
20240320_095301.jpg
20240320_095301.jpg (1.05 MiB) Viewed 332 times
Not only two righteous tanks, but also a tank commander complete with binoculars to better scan ahead for a ditch to slide his tank into sideways!

Herman Bix, he rocks! Fullstop.

Mike.

As I write this, the missing tanks are still missing. My bet is they're floating around the Pacific in an overboard sea can.
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Re: Somebody deserves a shout out!

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: Mike, I first read Herman's posts about a decade ago (maybe more) on "Hobby Havoc" a former RC tank forum from Australia. And as Hobby Havoc dwindled, Herman told me to "git on over" here. It was obvious even than that Herman is tops! :clap: :clap: :clap:
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

I've also printed 4 of those tanks for my 1/6th KV-1 build...in 1/6th they are almost as big as my fist.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Panzermechaniker
Lance Corporal

Post by Panzermechaniker »

Very cool. I'm sure Aussies bitch about their postal system but after a few dealings with BNA Model World and watching the Australian tracking they put USPS and Canada Post to shame. In fact I get stuff from Australia in far less time than the US with it's tour around the continent.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Thanks Mr Coleman :{ :{ its nothing really mate, but I do appreciate the (virtual) handshake.
Its true that over the years in here I have been fortunate to receive goodwill that is impossible to repay. Within my means I could not in good conscience refuse to pay that goodwill forward in kind when folks in the hobby have a need for assistance.

That figure is one of Mr Raminators finest examples and he was my alternative choice when I chose one of the five I got from Mr Ram for the KV-2 build I did a while back.

Anyhow, Im glad the second lot arrived, my fault for not tracking the first lot :/ and lets see how you work them in on your magnificent KV2 build which we all will enjoy ;)
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Post by ColemanCollector »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:45 am ...
Anyhow, Im glad the second lot arrived, my fault for not tracking the first lot :/ and lets see how you work them in on your magnificent KV2 build which we all will enjoy ;)
A little taste sans fuel tanks, but they are on their way!
20240320_212223.jpg
20240320_212223.jpg (1007.25 KiB) Viewed 234 times

Mike.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

HERMAN BIX wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:45 am I could not in good conscience refuse to pay that goodwill forward in kind when folks in the hobby have a need for assistance.
This is the mark of a truly special person and a value that is not so common in the wacky world these days.

I remember joining here not too long ago and Herr Dr. up and offering to share something completely unsolicited. I was taken back as I was new here and didn't grasp this forums sense of community and friendship across the world. Truly special. I'm very glad to be part of it.
Panzermechaniker wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 2:31 am they put USPS and Canada Post to shame. In fact I get stuff from Australia in far less time than the US with it's tour around the continent.
Don't get me started on this one. USPS are :poop: Clowns. I get stuff from Dave Allerton at Forgebear in 2 days or less. My local carrier gets lost it seems at the bottom of my driveway. AND my house is on the SAME road as their Post Office. Still waiting for a second package from Toucan that went missing 3 weeks back. Funny how the Tanks get right to my door but the other packages of parts are a mystery wrapped in a riddle surrounded by an enigma and then a conundrum out there in the USPS ether.

Oh and Killer work there Mike :thumbup:
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

I’ll stick mi orr in, and thank Mr Bix, for the inspiration and help. I’d also like to thank Herr Dr, for answering my stupid questions.
Mithras
Corporal

Post by Mithras »

Love a KV-2, love my friend Master Bix, love that the community makes these things possible. I sincerely, truly, hope to level up to the point I can do this for some of you in return.
"I have seen the first of the new tanks today. They are beautiful."
- Annibale "Electric Beard" Bergonzoli, upon the first delivery of M11/39s to Libya, 1940.

Return to “General Discussion”