Back, with a whimper.

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Back, with a whimper.

Post by Davarama »

Hi all, I am returning to the hobby and this forum after a few years absence! Sadly, life’s realities stepped in and I just lost all interest in it all.

I have returned to my project Panther that has sat unloved for too long, no electronics installed yet, I’ll paint it first to wean myself onto modelling again. Did the pre shading a few weeks ago so that’s progress at least 👍. More to follow, regards.
IMG_5074.jpeg
IMG_5074.jpeg (2.08 MiB) Viewed 192 times
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Back, with a whimper.

Post by ColemanCollector »

Davarama wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:27 am Hi all, I am returning to the hobby and this forum after a few years absence! Sadly, life’s realities stepped in and I just lost all interest in it ...
Welcome back! Sounds very familiar as I'm back too after 8 or 9 years moving the things in life around my dusty tanks.

Your pre-shading shows this ain't yer first rodeo (that's a fox hunt without the fox, hounds, and redjackets--and more yeehawing for folks across the pond as they always say on here. Or the side of the road you drive on...lol). Plus there's your list of tanks. What's the final look plans for the Panther?

Mike.
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Hi, thanks for the kind words. Planning an early ‘45 MAN Panther, two or three tone hard edge camo. I already made the side skirts and added a few more details. I bought an IBU2 Ultimate when they were first released and it’s still in the original packaging so that’s what I’m hoping to put in it with a Flysky TX and Tarr smoke unit.

Honestly can’t remember anything and there are a few bits I bought that I don’t know where they are including some Peddinghaus decals for the 11th Panzer Division. My challenge is to build it as I intended and not spend any more money. Plan is to get the camo on then put the IBU in and keep at it until it is finished.

I just had my Tamiya JT conversion running and it took a while to remember how to operate it so I expect I will need some help along the way 😂

Cheers Dava.
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:wave: Welcome back, Dava! I won't be an old familiar name to you, for I had been on the old Australian Hobby Havoc while you were here on RCTW. Herman Bix steered me over here to RCTW in early 2019. As you make obvious, and as the Canadian above notes, "this ain't yer first rodeo." So you can bet this old guy from Wisconsin, US, will be watching your posts and envying your skills.
Davarama
Lance Corporal

Post by Davarama »

Thanks for that 👍 I have been watching a lot of YouTube videos and bought some books by Mig on weathering so if it all goes well I will be pushing myself a bit over what I have done in the past.

I’ll do the camo this week and get the electrics installed and save the project for a reveal later.
Feels good to be back!
Tamiya Tiger 1
Tamiya King Tiger
Tamiya/Wechoe Jagdtiger
Heng Long Stug iii
Heng Long Jagdpanther
Torro Jagdtiger
Taigen Panther G
Heng Long Challenger 2

Return to “General Questions”