Derby area

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
derbynewbie
Recruit

Derby area

Post by derbynewbie »

just join was looking for any information on clubs around derbyshire please
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Re: Derby area

Post by Meter rat »

Hello and welcome from Argyll and Bute on the West Coast of Scotland. A far distance from Derbyshire. Derbyshire is an are I know very well. I used to live in Breadsall, then moved to Ilkeston, before moving North of the Boarder. May be you could give us some more information, like what are your tanks, your tanking history, and any skills you may bring to the group?
Last edited by Meter rat on Wed Mar 06, 2024 9:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
RobW
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by RobW »

Welcome. There's Grantham, and I think a meet Nuneaton way.

https://www.facebook.com/GranthamLightArmouredDivision
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Hello from across the puddle. I'm with Meter rat: tell us more. You don't have to be an eggs-pert at all to join the fun on RCTW. In fact some here on RCTW started by asking about a choice of first tank and have stayed active with us for years.
derbynewbie
Recruit

Post by derbynewbie »

No Newbie due to being stuck in from having a stoke a while back Ive just brought a 1/6 scale tiger tank it needs up grading ,i was wondering if anyone had any ideas and could point me in the right direction i.e a new receiver and all the other stuff to fetch it up to date Thanks
Attachments
tank 3.jpg
tank 3.jpg (1.04 MiB) Viewed 134 times
tank 2.jpg
tank 2.jpg (1.24 MiB) Viewed 134 times
tank.jpg
tank.jpg (1.19 MiB) Viewed 134 times
tankme
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tankme »

Definitely an older 12V Mark-1 tank build. The electronics are probably inside that black thing on the right side. Can't tell much from the pics about what's currently in there.
Derek
Too many project builds to list...
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

:think: I cannot help with the 1/6 Tiger (except to be envious :D ). However, you might get more response if you post the photos and questions in the "larger scale military" section at "viewforum.php?f=80" There are a number of 1/10, 1/6 and--yikes!--even larger AFVs here who might be able to help and who likely would enjoy seeing your Tiger.

(I was sorry to learn that you have suffered a stroke. The health problem is unfortunate, and I hope you have been able to make a fine recovery. Here's to better and better health!)

Return to “Introduce Yourself”