Hello team - I'm new

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
scottlarkins
Recruit

Hello team - I'm new

Post by scottlarkins »

Hello all. Obviously, I'm new to the site as of today. I've been looking at RC tanks for a while after I saw some tank groups posting IR wars on YouTube. I thought it looked pretty cool, unfortunately it seems the Detroit area tank battle group dissolved during the covid period. I've had RC cars in the past, and a drone or two, but the tanks looked really fun especially with the battle options, airsoft BBs and sound effects. Anyways, I got a tank for my birthday, a HL Pershing, put it together, made some history accurate modifications and repainted it. I've been building plastic and wood models my entire life, and this seemed like a nice extension for me. So hello all, looking forward to watching what the group here does.
ColemanCollector
Sergeant

Re: Hello team - I'm new

Post by ColemanCollector »

Welcome from Ontario, Canada!
You are right--building static models is fun, but having RC capabilities really adds another fun dimension to things.

Mike.
MrChef
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by MrChef »

Welcome to the forum Scott. Well you've found out where all the cool kids at heart are hanging out. Everyone here loves when pictures are shared so feel free. And have fun.
"Charlie don't surf"- Lt. Col. Bill Kilgore
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Welcome, Scott, from the other side of Lake Michigan. I, too, like static model builds, and do 1/16 almost exclusively nowadays, a boon to eyesight and fitting in with my RC AFVs.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Hello Scott. I see Mr Chef has been poaching again. Welcome from Argyll and Bute. Love the detail on your Pershing.

Return to “Introduce Yourself”