Panzer IV with Schürzen

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Panzer IV with Schürzen

Post by Ecam »

Yes Doc that is correct. There is room yet underneath the lift mech. for MFU or a battery so still plenty of room in the hull. I did a similar thing with the other style lift HL lift mech. on my PzIII and there is still room for all I need in that one too (and that lifter is deeper and longer).

This set up actually takes less space than the original airsoft did. On the PzIII that set up takes slightly more room than the airsoft did.

Jarndice, I'll have to take a look at the Taigen.
"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric
MonsieurTox
Corporal

Post by MonsieurTox »

Great work Eric.
Lots of surgery going there, the turret bin looks excellent, it makes a lot of a difference!

I used the regular HL lift mech on my Trumpeter Panzer IV but the side doors were not openable (because I wasn't in the mood to make openable doors for the turret of Schürzen).

But my current Heller Panzer III turret had openable lateral doors so I'm going to run into the same problem as yours. That's one of the last thing I have to do to finish it, but I'm still scratching my head about that (and I'd like to add recoil too).
Keep up the good work!
Ecam
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Ecam »

Except details the bin and turret rear wall are finished. Bin is bolted on with some hidden spacers so I can make scale looking mounting brackets (that will not need to hold weight). This is where it will sit until I draw up the next plan. On to the next project...

"Don't believe everything you see on the internet" - George S. Patton

Eric

Return to “Heng Long Builds”