torro panther main gun help

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: torro panther main gun help

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Hard to tell from the picture, but is the black wire with the blob of heat shrink over it connected to anything ?
That is the earth from the on/off switch.
Check that its connected to a wire in the slip ring loom, and also if it is connected, check that the actual joint is very secure.
You could also run the tank like it is apart and operate the microswitch in the turret by hand to see if the sound happens. The barrel could simply be stuck./
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

glenny25 wrote: Sun Oct 01, 2023 10:00 pm yes head light works turret mg works , just bow MG does not work , and main gun does not work , the rest , moving , smoke , sound , turret turn , gun up n down all works fine
alors il y a que le recul qui ne fonctionne pas ? donc je dirais soucis sur la mécanique, fil coupé, ( il y a 2 moteurs sur l'asiatam ) voir si pas un fil coupé'dessoudé, le fameux fil noir sur la première photo, ( sous gaine noir ) et qui semble relié à petit fil bleu, est-il bien connecté ? ( déja dit !!! je crois !! ) ce système de rotation pour le connexion et rotation 360° ,perso jamais eu confiance , il est que si vous ne démonter la tourelle, pour voir ?( 3 vis sur la couronne ) je pense que tous les avis donnés,doivent être fais et vèrifiės....
Personally, I would say: do it in order, and give the result,
1: check connection under black sheath (first photo)
2: check barrel not blocked (already indicated?)
3: Disassembly of the turret and general check of the wiring, also see if the reversing motor is working? I happened to see the motor running, but the plastic pinion on the axis was slipping and was not driving the system?
glenny25
Private

Post by glenny25 »

Hi All , the panther is now all working and on patrol in the garden , many thanks for the tips , I took the turret plate off tested the gun and it seems the recoil motor was jammed , the wife used the TX to fire the gun and i pushed on the motor rear which helped free it . many thanks glen

Return to “Other electronics”