What colour is Panther "Dauphine" in its Summer Camo?

If you have a tank query and you can't find the answer anywhere else, post here. (TIP - Check for answers in FAQ, use the 'search' facility or even check this board before posting here).
Forum rules
If your question is electronics related please post it in one of the relevant boards here: viewforum.php?f=31
Champagne
Recruit

What colour is Panther "Dauphine" in its Summer Camo?

Post by Champagne »

Greetings! Recently I purchased a Tamyia 1/16 Panther and I plan to convert it to Panther "Dauphine". However, I rather stumped by finding the colour of its summer camouflage in War Thunder. An image would hopefully be attached above. So far AK's French Army Green seems the closest but its too light of a shade. Could I get some advice on what colour would be the closest to the green? Any help is much appreciated

Update Humbrol 116 US Dark green matte looks like a close match, but I'm still not quite sure
Attachments
Screenshot (30).png
Screenshot (30).png (2.52 MiB) Viewed 418 times
Last edited by Champagne on Sun Sep 24, 2023 11:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: What colour is Panther "Dauphine" in its Summer Camo?

Post by HERMAN BIX »

http://www.milinfo.org/article-nouveaut ... 11921.html

Im going with a Drab U.S. shade, rather than a British Bronze Green .
Though looking at period pictures of the Panther, it seems to have retained some degree of its original camo before being repainted.
I'd say that the vehicle in its very very immediate post-capture situation would be simple re marking to avoid friendly fire, then a calm period of "what do we do now" ? followed by, We have to paint these things to avoid trouble !!!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Herr Dr. Professor
Lieutenant

Post by Herr Dr. Professor »

Thank you! Champagne, your question and Herman Bix's link have led me to information about AFVs that I had not even imagined. There is so much to learn.
STHV
Corporal

Post by STHV »

This particular colour is a just a basic camo colour in War Thunder that Gaijin uses for almost all of the French tanks, It's not an accurate colour to the real Dauphine.
Most of the colours in War Thunder are inaccurate, some more than others, the early war German dark grey is one of the worst offenders as it's light grey in game!

The Poorly made Zimmerit texture also makes it appear darker than it should.

Here is an image of what this colour should look like on one of the ARL-44's at Saumur

I should also mention that the models of every Panther in War Thunder are very badly modelled with numerous errors as they are rather old models compared to the nice new models the Jagdpanthers received recently. I would recommend looking at images of the real vehicle as opposed to the model in game.

There are some images of it on this page
http://www.chars-francais.net/2015/inde ... view&id=76
Panther Ausf D (WIP)
Panther Ausf A mit Brückentafel (WIP)
Panther Ausf G (WIP)
Jagdpanther G2 (WIP)
Tiger II (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. VIII Maus V2 (WIP)
Pz.Kpfw. II Ausf L (WIP)
Sd.Kfz. 234/2 (WIP)
Leopard 1A4/1A1A1 (WIP)
Turm III (WIP)