Tamiya recoil mechanism

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Tamiya recoil mechanism

Post by Meter rat »

Not sure if this is the correct place, or to put it in Heng Long. Would any one know if the Tamiya recoil mechanism will work from a 6.1 or 7.1 Heng Long MFU?. Just been reading through this section and our own 43Reccereg has provided a diagram for connecting a Heng Long recoil into a Tamiya MFU. I cannot find any other information.
Regards Ian
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Tamiya recoil mechanism

Post by Jofaur86 »

Hello, after studies of the Clark system, using Tamiya recoil, on its TK turntables, I conclude that it must be possible to do the same on an HL .... you have to modify the existing Tamiya wiring:
1: kept the white and green wire on the motor, and connect it to CN 4 which is the recoil motor
2: turn the two wires of the micro switch, and solder 2 other wires in the same place, which will be connected to CN 6 (trigger) for the trigger, no polarity.For the recoil, may need to be reversed if not working the right way?
the blue thread is no longer used. I specify that this is a personal reflection, and having done no tests? I can't guarantee 100% but if works with Clark? why not in this case?
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

It works exactly the same as the taigen recoil unit just a different layout, 1 motor 1 microswitch 3 wires

green live CN 10
white earth CN 10
blue permanent earth battery (not the on/off switch as that is 2 live wires)

The live on CN10 is permanent so it does the switching through the earth. When you trigger it to fire from the remote it will turn the motor slightly which triggers the microswitch connecting the white and blue wire providing a permanent earth for the motor to return to the firing position which will turn off the microswitch disconnecting the blue wire.

make sure you get the polarities right in CN10 or you will be connecting an earth to a live thought the microswitch not good for the tank or board.
You will also need a jumper in CN6 trigger so that you get gun fire sound
you might be better off using a TK6.0 or 7.0 as you won't need the servo outputs on the 6.1/7.1

Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Thank you both. Tried Jofaur86, with some interesting results. CN4 is the turret turn motor. So connected it to CN10. Worked that out myself, with some even more interesting results.
John1970, I have a spare TK6.0 which I wanted to use in this tank. I was confused about the three wire, and assumed, quite wrongly that I would need a servo out put. Would I connect the blue wire straight to the battery neutral, for testing purposes? Do you know which is the live on CN10?
image.jpg
image.jpg (2.74 MiB) Viewed 1064 times
I think it is the right pin as orietated..Is there a simple way of confirming the live, as I do not have access to any test equipment?
Regards Ian
john1970
Corporal

Post by john1970 »

The live is on the left as your picture orientation towards the outside of the board. The earth is on the right towards the inside.
look at the wiring diagram i posted before its not very clear if your not sure what your looking at but the white wire on the diagram is the earth so when it plugs in, it will be on the inside of the board.
The blue wire straight to the battery negative black wire.
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Thank you both again. I mostly now have a working recoil. I think there is a faulty micro switch, which isn’t allowing full movement. New switches ordered.
Next dumb question. What is the name of the plugs that fit in CN10? From memory it is something like CTS? Which is wrong as I cannot find them.
Regards Ian
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Managed to find the plug type.
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by Jofaur86 »

:)
Hello, thanks to Jean 1970, for explanation of the Tamiya system,
for RMētre, what solution? did you experience it? great if you found the sockets!!! there had been a post on this forum, indicating the type and where to find them....
Meter rat
Staff Sergeant

Post by Meter rat »

Jofaur86 wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 3:20 pm :)
Hello, thanks to Jean 1970, for explanation of the Tamiya system,
for RMētre, what solution? did you experience it? great if you found the sockets!!! there had been a post on this forum, indicating the type and where to find them....

Followed the wiring instructions given by John1970, and we had a recoil. However, once triggered it would not stop and looked like a cheap sex toy. I established that there was not enough movement to triggered the micro switch. Tried to adjust it, with no success, so a small piece of insulation was put on the micro switch. Everything is now working, and will be tidied up and made good in time.

Thank you both again for your help.
Regards Ian
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Estnische »

Meter rat wrote: Tue Jul 18, 2023 9:11 pm once triggered it would not stop and looked like a cheap sex toy.
The imagery you just created of a 1/16 main gun nearly made me choke on my beer and sing “I’m a Barbie girl, in a Barbie world”!

Return to “Tamiya”