Mato King Tiger wiring question

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
Jofaur86
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Re: Mato King Tiger wiring question

Post by Jofaur86 »

For the radio, personally I use this one, which once the "Firmware flashed" (thanks Rad)
allows you to have 16 channels. It exists under the Flysky, Turnigy brand ... also two others, often used by many members
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=MAUo3KfcdqI
https://www.tomtop.com/fr/p-rm8108.html ... gIYZvD_BwE
https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/10050037 ... pt=glo2fra
:wtf:
on the last two, do not take into account the price, because often there is only the transmitter or the receiver, check well, before ordering (on the Internet)
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Those transmitters look excellent but I'm not sure what I would do with all those channels?! I'm going to try out this carson reflex stick 2 radio set I already have. I think I may need a bec though? Unless I can just wire up the power supply to the receiver to the main 7.2v batteries?
Attachments
20230721_173733.jpg
20230721_173733.jpg (917.31 KiB) Viewed 833 times
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Got it working with my Carson transmitter and receiver. Unfortunately the range I'd not that much better than with the original mata radio gear which surprises me. Is it to do with the metal Hull maybe? Do I need to mount the antenna outside the Hull maybe?!
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

I do not understand very well? your transmitter range concerns? you change Radio? and the problem seems to persist? indeed, the fact of having a metal shell? can possibly play? but in 2.4 Ghz? am a bit surprised. what do you call low range, how do you define it?? Why would you also want to use a separate RX power supply? I find it hard to understand? the Bec system is useful when using a separate Esc, but not here with this type of plate. Are you going to mix 7.2 volts with 5 volts? and the, big risk of grilled, platinum and receiver, moreover will bring nothing more level, improvement? except trouble...
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Yes, I changed radio because of range problems.
But the problem still persists.
I did not realise that the receiver gets it's power from the clark board connections. I thought you had to have a dedicated power supply I.e. a bec but I was wrong.
So the only problem now left is the range. The range is only maybe 30 meters before you loose control. This surely is not normal? Should I try and mount the antenna outside the Hull? Maybe I need to check the transmitter batteries too.
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

:P
Hello, yes, as explained, not necessary, and especially no Bec system. For the range of the transmitter? Is it possible to extend the antenna? and will not change anything .... you do not tell me the type of batteries in the transmitter? standard 1.5 volts or rechargeable 1.2 volts? are they in good condition, and well charged if 1.2 volts? can you put the RX outside the tank and do a range test?
Jofaur86

Post by Jofaur86 »

Personal for the range tests? I would do a test by plugging a servo motor into a channel of the RX (leaving the RX in place and the servo on top of the tank, and see what happens?
Bigtommy79
Recruit

Post by Bigtommy79 »

Thanks Jofaur,
First thing I'm going to do is replace the batteries in the transmitter and try it again.
I suppose I could drive the tank with the upper Hull removed too. From these tests I could then determine what is causing the range issue.

Return to “Other electronics”