my daughter katie's T34/85

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

my daughter katie's T34/85

Post by tiger205 »

hi all
        katie my daughter has asked for me to put a post  on here about her T34, she has had it for awhile now, after badgering me to get her a tank, in her words, "cos you got the Tiger dad", fair point i thought.
when we got the T34 she got it out of the box, we had a quick drive around with it, and thought the electronics were s*#~@t, so the first thing to do was to replace it all with HL electronics, i did this for her, but useing the 9.6v battery that came with the T34(she is only 9)but she was hovering like a hawk while i done it, this done she took it for a spin, much better, then under my supervision she glued the bits on, i helped her a little to paint it all, she is artistic, she gets it from her mum, i did though say no to a barbie pink camo' scheme :-\, with this done, i bought her a set of metal tracks, and metal gears for the gearboxes, i installed these for her, the gears are not a very good quality, and took a bit work to get them running properly, still not spot on, i also made her a LED bow machine gun, and i opened the rear hatch between the exhausts aswell, the last job on the list was to weather it a little, i applied the "rust", and she put the "dirt" on, overall she is happy with it, she gets it out when ever she can, and cant wait for her panzer3, so she can start that,she is getting that for x-mas, with a few metal goodies for it. hope you all like it.

Tony 8)
Last edited by tiger205 on Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Re: my daughter katie's T34/85

Post by fv432 »

Nice t34 tony/katie you guys did a great job

Put it forward for the modellors masterclass the mud effect is brilliant  the other mods hmm so so :D :D :D :D ;) ;D ;D ;D

Kind regards Rob
tiger205
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by tiger205 »

thanks rob, you have just put a smile the size off the mersey on her face, its not for me to put ours forward for the master class, IF they get in i would like it on merit, voted by you guys

Tony 8)

"Er, der kämpft und Lebend davonläuft,
Lebt um einem anderen Tag zu kämpfen".
fv432
2nd Lieutenant

Post by fv432 »

It was on merit tony that is one nice T34 believe me you havent seen mine yet :o :o :o

Kind regards Rob
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

It's a beauty. Really well painted
Wight
Lance Corporal

Post by Wight »

Absolutely fantastic.You must be very proud indeed.
FireflyKeith
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by FireflyKeith »

Great looking T34 dont see too many these days so its good to see one this good. (I VOTED FOR IT) ;D

Return to “Show Off”