German Armour Tank Parts

Here vendors can post for free any newly released items they have for sale.
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

German Armour Tank Parts

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

Afternoon folks, hot off the press is our new 1/16 Initial Production Tiger 1 exhaust cans with separate flap which can be pinned in position or glued.
The internal part of the can is hollow and features a flange which allows the exhaust to be glued in situ and pipework fitted to allow smoke systems to be setup as you see fit.

Price for pair of exhausts will be £12 + postage to RCTW members as a discounted price

These are the first trial prints, so will put up some more pictures in future

3D printed in resin to a very high level of resolution.
Hopefully should get some pictures of them fitted on a tank soon to share.
PM or email us on wcprcnrace@gmail.com if you want a set
Jimster
Lieutenant

Re: German Armour Tank Parts

Post by Jimster »

Oh man! I sure could’ve used those a few years ago. They seem more robust than my Initial Tiger’s exhaust. I had to order extra flappers because mine are so fragile and I’ve already had to use one of my my spares. Those look great! Are those flappers actually moveable?!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Jimster wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 4:07 pmOh man! I sure could’ve used those a few years ago. They seem more robust than my Initial Tiger’s exhaust. I had to order extra flappers because mine are so fragile and I’ve already had to use one of my my spares. Those look great! Are those flappers actually moveable?!
According to David Byrden the Tiger 1 had its submersive abilities removed in September 1943 and the Exhaust flappers were discontinued.
Which means I shall have to order at least two pairs for my Tiger 1 early's.
WCP RC MODELS
Corporal

Post by WCP RC MODELS »

We did use some of David's information to help us understand orientation of the flaps compared to the direction of mounting the cans.
So the choice is inline with direction of travel or you can have them angled ~70° in either direction. We can post a picture if it helps.

If you want Shaun, we can print some out and put them to the side with other items for yourself.

Those flapped exhaust cans i believe were only used for the first 50 initial production Tigers only
Jimster
Lieutenant

Post by Jimster »

The Initial Production Tigers are a pure joy to model! It’s nice to see more detail parts for them being made available. WCP RC MODELS to the rescue!
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

WCP RC MODELS wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:12 pm We did use some of David's information to help us understand orientation of the flaps compared to the direction of mounting the cans.
So the choice is inline with direction of travel or you can have them angled ~70° in either direction. We can post a picture if it helps.

If you want Shaun, we can print some out and put them to the side with other items for yourself.

Those flapped exhaust cans i believe were only used for the first 50 initial production Tigers only
Katherine thank you,
Can you provide two pairs of inline exhaust cans and include them with the 251. invoice to www.shornsee@aol.com
Out of interest have you thought of printing Tiger 1 rear panels complete with mounting Tabs out of something tougher/ flexible than abs because so far I have had the mounting tabs fail on a Taigen and a Heng Long Tiger 1.
Take care.
Jarndice/Shaun.
Will01Capri
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Will01Capri »

jarndice wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:54 pm
WCP RC MODELS wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:12 pm We did use some of David's information to help us understand orientation of the flaps compared to the direction of mounting the cans.

Katherine thank you,
Can you provide two pairs of inline exhaust cans and include them with the 251. invoice to www.shornsee@aol.com
Out of interest have you thought of printing Tiger 1 rear panels complete with mounting Tabs out of something tougher/ flexible than abs because so far I have had the mounting tabs fail on a Taigen and a Heng Long Tiger 1.
Take care.
Jarndice/Shaun.
I can take a look with Catherine to see what we could do.
If its a flat panel, might be that the panel can be laser cut from aluminium and then make cut outs so that 3dp details are pushed thru from the inside and glued in position. Then if they break, you could simply replace those parts.
The build list is big however, so it might have to wait, unless there is alot of interest e.g. 10+people
I try to utilise my slightly early finish on a Friday afternoon to do an hour or 2 of CAD. So am trying to use that for little projects in between the larger ones lol.

Return to “Vendors NEW items”