GBS target moves

Discussion for Clark electronics.
marcofa
Recruit

GBS target moves

Post by marcofa »

I would like to post an mp4 video to show this GBS flaw and would like to know how to do it.
With the GBS inserted and without touching any command, the turret rotates a few degrees every 4-5 seconds.
This is strange because the polar magnetic reference is fixed, so it is either a software defect or a pcb defect.
I'm waiting for a new GBS pcb to try (BTW cost is 40 $ because in very serious shortage now)
Has anyone noticed this problem?
This is Clark answer:
"Because sensor is not output perfectly ZERO in real world, there is no solution and no customer asked that before"
tomhugill
Captain

Re: GBS target moves

Post by tomhugill »

marcofa wrote:I would like to post an mp4 video to show this GBS flaw and would like to know how to do it.
With the GBS inserted and without touching any command, the turret rotates a few degrees every 4-5 seconds.
This is strange because the polar magnetic reference is fixed, so it is either a software defect or a pcb defect.
I'm waiting for a new GBS pcb to try (BTW cost is 40 $ because in very serious shortage now)
Has anyone noticed this problem?
This is Clark answer:
"Because sensor is not output perfectly ZERO in real world, there is no solution and no customer asked that before"
I have this quite a lot, you need to increase the dead zone setting and/or dial down the sensitivity
marcofa
Recruit

Post by marcofa »

How to increase dead zone?
marcofa
Recruit

Post by marcofa »

Setting sensitive decrease from 12 to 15 I solved the problem
Thanks a lot
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

marcofa wrote:Setting sensitive decrease from 12 to 15 I solved the problem
Thanks a lot
No worries, the documentation about the GBS is ok to a point but there's a lot of stuff learnt though experience which would be helpful for a first timer used that could be added
marcofa
Recruit

Post by marcofa »

Why sensitive decrease 1-17 and sensitive increase 1-9 ?
Attachments
Sensitivity.jpg
Sensitivity.jpg (96.96 KiB) Viewed 785 times
marcofa
Recruit

Post by marcofa »

NOT SOLVED
Down sensitivity dont solve the problem but only increase the time every 30 second instead of 5 second because the intervention angle (dead zone) increase
I think sensitivity and dead zone are the same thing
Magnetic target continue to turn slowly at the same speed 2°/5second

Return to “Clark”