HL T34 V6.0 Pro edition

Tell forum members about your new purchase here, your chance to let others know what is in the box.
Estnische
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

HL T34 V6.0 Pro edition

Post by Estnische »

Seeing as there have not yet been any detailed unboxings for the T34, I thought I would do one of my recent purchase. Also as this is a Pro V6.0 version, its nice to know what you get for your extra money, especially as there are some vendors not using accurate images when advertising their goods.

The sticker on the box describes the metal goodies that are to be included. I had originally planned to get a base model V6.0 for $AUD 285, and add the metal parts. But when I could get this from Banggood landed in Australia for $AUD500, the cost of buying the metal goodies separately didn’t make sense.

Here it is, without all the accessories. It fired up and ran nicely straight out of the box. The 6.0 versions crawl nicely, and have a BB firing and recoiling cannon. They also have adjustable smoke, track recoil and volume.

The metal tracks and wheels seem to be authentic, even the gap between the second and third road wheels which apparently is a modelling ‘thing’. As usual the headlight is a source of annoyance. Room for improvement by Heng Long.

Opening hatches appear in abundance. A pity about the commander’s cupola not having periscope glass.

Now to the back, where nothing opens. I’m not sure if T34s had tail-lights during WWII, but there is an opening for one and the 6.0 MFU has an extra light outlet. An easy mod for the future perhaps.

Inside is the rear drive layout, which has the smoker hanging by the outlet pipes from the upper hull. It sort of makes sense, but it must be a bitch to refill.

I was cursing when I opened the hull and saw those grey gears which look like zinc. However you can see the bar magnet I have sticking to the right side gear. There is some iron content there.

One of the reasons I had considered getting a Taigen lower hull was the track adjuster. This is the first Heng Long I have had with a factory track adjuster. It remains to be seen how durable the cast spigot stands up to the stress for metal running gear.

If you take out the battery box and shuffle the speaker around up front, then there is plenty of “room for activities!” (‘Step Brothers’ reference). There is an opportunity to put some extras behind the opening for the driver’s hatch.

Exhibitedbrute

Re: HL T34 V6.0 Pro edition

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

Let us know how those nee smokers go. I may put one in my su rather than a tarr if they are half decent
It’s your tank it’s what you make it
Estnische

Post by Estnische »

This should tell you.

phpBB [video]
Exhibitedbrute

Post by Exhibitedbrute »

That’s quite good I will give one of them a try in the su