My Tanks

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
nibelungenwerk
Private

My Tanks

Post by nibelungenwerk »

My tank collection

Jagdtiger old 70’s Tamiya chassis lengthened front and rear and laser cut 5mm Aluminium superstructure turned barrel.
Currently a bit of a non runner- I fitted a reducing gearbox/motor combo in place of the original motor. It reduced the speed nicely but the increased torque chewed up the gears in the original boxes. I am currently designing a gear box for this and other models.

Kingtiger- Tamiya Very late model-stereoscopic range finder( My sons really)

Mid production Tiger 1 Tamiya Command tank version

SturmTiger Tamiya donor with the wechco conversion kit (Has anybody ever built the Shell hoist?)Shared Tamiya Electronics

Bandai Panzer IV Started life as a F2 but up gunned to converted H/G Tamiya electronics and motors

Bandai Panzer IV Nashorn- Started life as Hummel/scratch built 88mm L71 Shared Tamiya Electronics

Bandai Panzer IV Ostwind Bandai F2 donor scratch built turret Shared Tamiya Electronics

Jagdpanzer IV L70 Bandai F2 donor Cromwell models superstructure Shared Tamiya Electronics and motors

Next planned Panzer IV Wirbelwind Bandai F2 acquired 4 barrel 20mm acquired

On the stocks long term 1/15 Hetzer currently 5 chassis under construction wheels  drive cogs idlers turned Chassis tubs made The Suspension was planned out till a mate said why don’t you do it this way(doh) Gearboxes planned awaiting finance

Kubel wagon with fully proportional radio control with scratch built Pak 37.

I do however have a fault I love solving the engineering problems of building/converting but hate painting them I have two that look like they have just been sprayed at nibelungenwerk- lovely sand yellow- no camo no weathering

You may notice the comment Shared Tamiya Electronics I have figured out a way to use 1 DMD receiver etc in several tanks as easy as changing a battery!
Last edited by nibelungenwerk on Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
septon
Sergeant

Re: My Tanks

Post by septon »

nice set of tanks the Hetzer looks sweet ;D
midland rep with too Many tanks
Matdragon
2nd Lieutenant

Post by Matdragon »

yeah thats a big collection, rivaling septons i guess!! ;D ;D lol

cheers, good work,

Matt
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

Welcome Bob, I think you need to show some closer pictures of your collection, I see my Hetzer is still looking good
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM
Dandare01
Lance Corporal

Post by Dandare01 »

Eh up Bob, how's it diddling?

Word of warning to anyone who plans to IR battle Bob's Tiger 1, don't it's indestructable.
Last edited by Dandare01 on Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
All tanked up

Robert
adin
Lance Corporal

Post by adin »

That is a really nice collection - I'm dead jealous ;D
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Hi Bob

Fantastic collection!

I've had an unmade Bandai Hummel lying around for ages. Been meaning to convert it into a Nashorn. I'd love to see some closeup pics of your Nashorn conversion.

Chris
oztruck
Corporal

Post by oztruck »

Great collection , and yes please more photos of them individually
HL Pershing, HL Bull Dog,HL powered T34/85 IR, HL Tiger 1, HL Pz III, Stug III IR, PzIV, King Tiger, WSN Tiger1 mid IR, T34/85 winter IR, HL Jagpanther IR
Rivetcounter
Sergeant

Post by Rivetcounter »

Bob will be coming to the indoors meet with his fleet 8th Feb 09 you will be able to see his work in the flesh
They shall not grow old as we who are left grow old.
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
WE WILL REMEMBER THEM

Return to “Show Off”