15 years Ago Today Sept. the 10th

Post all your larger scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Military Vehicles, build threads here. From 1/12 all the way up to 1/4! all here! Your Larger Scale figures are also welcome here.
pzrwest
Corporal

15 years Ago Today Sept. the 10th

Post by pzrwest »

15 years ago today my good friend and U-boat vet and I almost lost our lives because of a boating accident. We had wend to the moth of the Naiscoot(sp) river where it connects to Georgian Bay. We had set up a small camp on one of the small islands. Around noon it started to rain so we packed up the boat and started to head back to the boat landing where we launched the boat. A wave came over the side of the boat causing the boat to sink. Luckely some people from the next small island recued us and put us up for the night with warm showers and dry clothes, and gave us a nice warm supper. Edgar said the last time he was in the water like this was back in Nov 1944 when he got washed of the U-boat. Next morning the 11th we headed home and stopped for breakfast in Perry Sound and while eating our breakfast they had the tv on and we saw in real time the planes crashing into the World Trade Canter. Edgar said since we had survived the accident meant were started our lives from the boating accident. So today Edgar and I are 15 years old today
jackalope
Lieutenant

Re: 15 years Ago Today Sept. the 10th

Post by jackalope »

Well happy birthday!
43rdRecceReg
Major

Post by 43rdRecceReg »

Congratulations, and it's always heartwarming to hear of people surviving against the odds. :thumbup: but.. now you'll have to watch out for those teenage zits/ spots :D
"Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please"- Mark Twain.
pzrwest
Corporal

Post by pzrwest »

Very funny 43rd.... LOL.... matter of fact I never had a problem with zits growing up.... must have eaten the right things and washed face regullary...

Return to “Larger Scale Military”