A CR2 Build

ryderbike
Recruit

A CR2 Build

Post by ryderbike »

The first thing I did was buy metal tracks and sprockets , and then blue the metal tracks , following the guides found on the forum .

Before

and after

Having tracked down the 360 traverse modification and metal gearbox , both were fitted . (sorry no pics)

Couldn't resist a dry refit of all the new bits

Next up was the removal of the CIP plates from both sides of the turret , a bit of filling in of the holes and then time for some applications of anti-slip treatment , again following guides/advice from here .

And finally a coat of paint and all the kit extras added (have left the wheel centre caps of for the moment)

Happy with it as a first attempt , wish I was braver in the modding stakes , I do not think its the end product , I think that will require a bit more experience , so that will do for now .
Del
Corporal

Re: A CR2 Build

Post by Del »

Looks nice but it won't be long before you grab a screwdriver and a razor saw first when a tank arrives instead of the controller :haha:
Cruciblesteel
Recruit

Post by Cruciblesteel »

It looks great ! Well done, you've done it ,I need to get to work on mine , I've had it several months and all I've done is acquire parts for it. The challenger has some lovely lines
ryderbike
Recruit

Post by ryderbike »

Eventually I hope to have the skills to return it to looking more like one of the V1-9 trials versions as I was involved in the CR 2 trials whilst I was at ATDU .
So removing a lot of the details is probably on the cards and developing painting/weathering skills .
As an aside CR 2's hull is sufficiently alike to CR that I wander if it's viable to replicate / scratch build a CR turret upper and utilise the CR2 turret lower to produce a CR replica ?
So many plans / ideas v beginner skills .
Rangie81
Private

Post by Rangie81 »

Looks really good, the standard model does look very good quality to start with.
Great work so far............. :haha:

I know exactly what you mean though I had many more ideas for my first HL Tiger, but skill/knowledge was limiting factor, but think a chally 2 may be next project.

Regards
Mark
So many upgrades so little cash :haha:
Arte et Marte
Mens Sana in Corpre Sano
Certa Cito
C.V.R.T.Andy
Recruit

Post by C.V.R.T.Andy »

Nice to see that i am not the only one with a green B&D work stand :) Did you use Tamiya NATO green as the main colour? Look foward to what plans you have and work , i am always tinkering with my chally 2
ryderbike
Recruit

Post by ryderbike »

I opted for Tamiya TS-28 olive drab , next job is having a go at either cutting of the baz plates entirely or possibly just the rear plate and reversing it as if its on exercise .
wibblywobbly
Major

Post by wibblywobbly »

Del wrote:Looks nice but it won't be long before you grab a screwdriver and a razor saw first when a tank arrives instead of the controller :haha:
That made me chuckle, it is sooooo true!!
Tiger 1 Late
Panther G
King Tiger
M36 B1
Del
Corporal

Post by Del »

wibblywobbly wrote:
Del wrote:Looks nice but it won't be long before you grab a screwdriver and a razor saw first when a tank arrives instead of the controller :haha:
That made me chuckle, it is sooooo true!!
I ordered a Leo2 this morning and the saws already out in anticipation :haha:

Return to “Challenger”