It Begins...

Big N00b
Recruit

It Begins...

Post by Big N00b »

You may remember, I picked up the Taigen 3-in-1 kit back in November and my wife "give" it to me for Christmas .

I have spent the time locating the necessary pieces to make the kit a fully functioning tank; deciding how I wanted it to function; deciding how I wanted it to look; deciding what I needed to know to do these things.

The end result is what you might call "Historical Fiction", meaning the tank has a basis in history, but is what I want the model to be, not what actually was.

The tank will be with the SS-Panzer Abteilung 101, stationed in the Huy area of Belgium. It is a re-built unit from the early-mid 1943 time frame, based on early production body with the newer mid production items that might have been available at the factory during that time (or not ). Thanks to Paul for giving me some historical background on the 101. :thumbup:

I've listed my research/resource library, along with web resources I thought were helpful in what I want. Caveat - there was actually way more stuff I read/reviewed just in case you were wondering.

I started the first easy piece this last weekend, I put the track links together (ahhh, success ;) ).

I will be building the tank around the IBU3 electronics with a Fly Sky i10 controller. Progress & Pics will follow as they occur.

Books:

Panzer CrewUniforms, Roberto Ramirez, AK Interactive
Tiger IHeavy Tank 1942-45, Tom Jentz, Osprey Publishing
The PanzerDivisions, Martin Windrow, Osprey Publishing
German ArmyElite Units 1939-45, Gordon Williamson, Osprey Publishing
Modeling TheTiger I. G Edmundson, Osprey Publishing
Step-by-StepFinishing German Armor, Glenn Bartolotti, Robertson Publishing
Modulationand Light Techniques, Javier Soler, Ammo of Mig
PaintingGuide for AFV of World War Two and Modern Era, Jose Ruiz, Histoire &Collections
CamouflageProfile Guide Waffen SS Colors, Ammo of Mig
TheWeathering Magizine, Rust 3rd Edition
Encyclopediaof Armour Modelling Techniques #1 Construction, Ammo of Mig
F.A.Q. 2, AK Interactive, Mig Jimenez

Web:
Links.jpg
Links.jpg (86.52 KiB) Viewed 505 times

What I Like Right Now:
tank.jpg
#131 scheme appeals right now.

FYI - the caveat emptor message applies, make sure you check out your electronics and mechanicals first thing - you never know and warranty might not last a lifetime...part the reason it has taken me a bit to get going. Special thanks to Ian :thumbup:

Thanks to everyone that has posted anything I've seen and may use on this build, there is a wealth of fine information if you are willing to dig around and this site and RC Universe site are especially great stand-outs.

Terry

Return to “Tiger I”