505th King Tiger.

HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Re: 505th King Tiger.

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Could be he does not want the "cock-fest" with his mates and the story of how he let you catch the "one that got away" turning it into the proverbial diamond in a goats ass !!!
Im real keen to know about the actual application of the charging knight emblem. Looks spot on.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

It's a 3 piece stencil from rctanksde, 1st goes the black then white then what ever color you want for the horse and the Knights plume on his helmet. I had flat red already so that's what I used. The numbers and the little white "s" in the box are also stencils. Oh and they were all air brushed on.
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Got any pics of them mate ?
How did you go lining each one up ?
The final effect is great, but how much did you put in to get it right ?
Looks easy- sure it wasn't.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

It's looking good! The hard part about weathering is that decision when to stop!
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Herman, I'll see if I still have them when I get home, if I do I'll post up some pics.

Bill, thank you very much! I think the weathering is about done. I have to hit those couple bolts that Keiser pointed out but beyond that I think the outside of this one is done.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Its been sitting on my dresser for a past couple days, work has been VERY busy! Haven't touched my Tiger either, no time. :thumbdown:
billpe
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by billpe »

Be careful with acrylic fixing agents and pigments, one knock and it can take great chunks off with the paint underneath, if the primer itself is a little weak. Personally I've moved to using turps as a fixing agent as it's removable if needed but stands up to contact with water well enough. I also tried using Mig and AK earth effects as a fixer which worked really nicely.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

I think the weathering is pretty much done, I don't want to over do it just for the sake of saying I did blah blah blah blah blah on the weathering. I think it looks damn good the way it is and my friend at work Joe, who is seriously into tanks btw, had to do a triple take on the pics I showed him he thought it was pics of a real King Tiger! Can't get much more of a compliment then that IMHO.

I may and I stress MAY try a little chalk dust on the top facing areas to see if I can get any high lights to pop out like on the road wheels but if not my feelings won't be hurt one bit.
jackalope
Lieutenant

Post by jackalope »

Keiser, there are Sooooooooooo many different weathering techniques I probably won't be able to use them all if I built a fleet of tanks! :haha:

Return to “King Tiger”