Heng Long M41A3 Bulldog High Speed Proportional Turret

ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Heng Long M41A3 Bulldog High Speed Proportional Turret

Post by ALPHA »

Thanks again :thumbup: ...will keep an eye open for further threads... some of the terminology is over my head right now as I don't have a good working knowledge of the parts available.....right now I have a few helicopters in my junk yard... so salvaging parts from those would be the first step...the servos are really small on some..something I find ideal for saving space... so by watching you all... I might be able to somehow put the micro servos to use ;)

ALPHA
CanadianBulldog22
Recruit

Post by CanadianBulldog22 »

Video of my proportional turret setup. Sorry my filming is not better, I was using my cell phone. At full speed I was able to do a full 360 degree rotation in around 1 second flat.

More to follow, including how to reconfigure a servo to run continuous in either direction.

Chris
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Bulldog...you have any idea what's the max rpm on one of those servos

ALPHA
CanadianBulldog22
Recruit

ALPHA,

After the multiple stages of reduction its down to around 240-250 rpm max, but it has a crazy amount of torque at that low of an rpm.

Bulldog
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

CanadianBulldog22 wrote:ALPHA,

After the multiple stages of reduction its down to around 240-250 rpm max, but it has a crazy amount of torque at that low of an rpm.

Bulldog
That's not bad... Have an Idea to use some for primary drive systems... ;)

ALPHA
Lord Haw-Haw
Private

Post by Lord Haw-Haw »

IR battling...
360 degrees/sec turret rotation combined with super-spin that's some mortal-kombat-fatality-flawless-victory shit :D
CanadianBulldog22
Recruit

ALPHA wrote:

Bulldog

ALPHA
ALPHA,

I was considering that as well. Be careful, some servo's are not continuous duty and thus cannot be run continuously. Find one with a good heatsink, with fins if possible. Heat builds up quickly.

Chris
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

CanadianBulldog22 wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

Bulldog

ALPHA
ALPHA,

I was considering that as well. Be careful, some servo's are not continuous duty and thus cannot be run continuously. Find one with a good heatsink, with fins if possible. Heat builds up quickly.

Chris
Thanks for the input Bulldog... used to fly RC planes...but the systems have changed a lot... so I have to re educate myself to what's available ....have several designs running in the back of my mind .... most using conventional methods though... once I sort through things... I can finally put it down on paper then execute the measure ;)

ALPHA

Return to “Bulldog”