Internal space for battery packs?

Talk about all other types of electronics here, such as batteries!
KennyK
Recruit

Internal space for battery packs?

Post by KennyK »

Hi folks.

I've recently purchased - but not taken delivery of - a HL Pz kpfw III (Model No. 3848) with smoke and sound. As it is being shipped overseas the supplier (Matomart) do not supply the battery pack so I need to purchase my own. As I'm aware of the technicalities behind mAh I'd like to purchase the biggest, meanest, heftiest, longest lasting pack I can find. Sadly, even with regulation, I'm guessing that a 12v car battery will not fit inside a 1/16th scale model. Ideally I'm looking to fit the largest possible packs for long play times but if it doesn't fit, no point.

So my question to HL Pz III owners is: What is the available space for battery packs? (in millimeters)

I dont' mind hacking and bashing internals to make a little extra room and the electronics aspect isn't a problem for me so any advice would be welcome.

Much thanks,

KennyK
FreakyDude
Corporal

Re: Internal space for battery packs?

Post by FreakyDude »

5000 mah nimh pack will have more than enough juice to run your tank for 3.5 to 5 hours if it is a quality pack. They are the standard size as well so really you don't have to mod anything if you don't want to.
you can get bigger packs as well like 5300.

I hope Mato gave you a discount for removing the battery? ONLY lipo batteries need to be removed from the cartons, I get Nimh batteries flown to me all the time with no problems.
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Standard 7.2 volt 6 cell ni-cad or Nimh. I would go for a3000 or 5000 Mah :D .the elcs in the tank will or should not go above 7.2 volts. Brian...
KennyK
Recruit

Post by KennyK »

Thx for the replies, the data I was looking for was the physical space available inside the chassis that the battery pack will occupy. If shoe-horn a 6xAAA pack inside a tiny space, 6xAA is not gonna fit. If I up the ante to a C(?) cell then is 6x gonna fit? I know those dimesions, it's just the space inside the chassis for fitting bttys that I'm not sure of.... Does anyone have a HL Pz III and a measuring tape? :)

Cheers,

KennyK
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:haha: :haha: I'd get a lipo :haha:

ALPHA
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

You only have room in side the hull for a 7.2 volt battery or the same size of lipo :crazy: .Brian...

Return to “Other electronics”