Tamiya Tiger and Spektrum DX6i

Tamiya electronics, simple and reliable, yet expensive, talk about them here!
Sarah
Recruit

Tamiya Tiger and Spektrum DX6i

Post by Sarah »

Hi Guys,

I need a bit of help please.

I'm using a Spektrum DX6i with my Tamiya Tiger and getting some weird interactions. To make the MG or main gun work, I have to move the right stick left/right trim all the way over to get the MG or main gun working with the right stick going up or down quickly. If I move the right hand trim all the way up, or down, then the MG or main gun work when the right hand stick is moved left, or right, quickly. Basically I'm moving the wrong axis trim to get the MG or main gun to work.

Otherwise everything else works okay. Throttle on the left hand stick (up/down), steering on the right hand stick (left/right), turret rotating left hand stick (left/right), barrel elevation right hand stick (up/down).

I'd appreciated any help.

Regards,

Sarah
xrad
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: Tamiya Tiger and Spektrum DX6i

Post by xrad »

do some of the 'servo' controls need reversing, are you on dual rate or exponential, wrong model memory, trim out of wack??....since you can set pretty much anything...you might want to zero out the transmitter and start over (if no other models in memory)
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi I have a Pershing with a DX6i ,you can set it up by mixing the channels you can have the guns fire with the flick of a switch ,it will take you time to get it right,just set down with the manual (turn the sound down other wise the boss will do her nut)read up about mixing ,it is possible but takes time .

regards pete
grompix
Sergeant

Post by grompix »

Hi Sarah

Here's the setup I have on my Tamiya Tiger 1 with Spektrum DX6i

Tiger 1
TRAVEL ADJ
THROT ^100% v 35%
ELEV ^125% V125%
GEAR ^100% V100%
AILE <100% >100%
RUDD <80% >59%
FLAP ^100% V100%

SUB TRIM
ELEV ^15

FLAPS Set to 100 both directions

MIX 1
GEAR > ELEV ACT
RATE D +125% U 0%
SW MIX TRIM INH

MIX 2
GEAR > ELEV ACT
RATE D-125% U 0%
SW AIL D/R TRIM ACT

DIFFERENTIAL
INHIBIT

I have the throttle and steering on the left stick and turret-turn, gun-elevation on the right.
The main gun fires as normal with the gun elevation trim fully up but I couldn't get the MG to fire with the gun elevation trim set to the bottom. In the end I set up a mix using the gear switch for firing the MG. Strange really because my Tamiya Panther works fine on the DX6i setup and it is supposed to be the same DMD/MFU as the Tiger.

I've now added firing switches to my Spekrum Txs so I don't have to fiddle with the trims anymore. Here's the thread:-
http://rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/viewt ... =38&t=2090" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Hope this helps.
Chris :D
bowlman
Corporal

Post by bowlman »

If you do it like Chris said it will work great I have my Panther and KT setup like this

Jimmy
torg
Recruit

Post by torg »

I just picked up a Tamiya Tiger I #56010.

Was thinking about the DX6i, but the guy at my local hooby store said that they would not work with the tank. So I decided to go home and do some research and find this. Which is very promising. However most new DX6i's are DSMX and not DSM2. Is that going to be a problem?

Was thinking about ordering direct fro horizon (to get them self centering and mode 2?).

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/dx ... 2-SPM6610C

I have huge lipo that doesn't fit in any of my cars. Thoughts on a lipo saver to use? Novak doesn't sell theirs anymore and the tank does not have it built in.

loving this site.
r32
Lance Corporal

Post by r32 »

My Tiger works with my Spektrum DX6i, DSMX should not be a problem.

You can buy a LiPo saver from HobbyKing.
torg
Recruit

Post by torg »

When it comes to setting up the DX6i I found this thread and http://dettankcom.org/forum/index.php?topic=220.0

When connecting the speaker everything is sounding like it should.

When I connect the motors, I'm only getting forward and reverse. No rotation.

When I do the setup on the DMD it's always blinking the same pattern. (Page 18 of the manual http://www.tamiyausa.com/pdf/manuals/56010ml.pdf)

Any ideas (or setups I can duplicate)? Chris has (to me) strange trim settings (that I still followed :)).

thanks

Return to “Tamiya”