Rewiring new board

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
mroberts1999
Recruit

Rewiring new board

Post by mroberts1999 »

I am in the process of switching out an old burnt out Mato tank board for an RX-18. I only have a few questions. The on /off switch where do they get soldered to in the Board ? There is a purple battery wire that was soldered to the old Mato board and I am not sure where this one goes. And finally the connector for the turret is a 12 pin and the RX-18 is only an 8 pin. Do I have to wire all this in separetly as well ? Any help greatly appreciated. :think:
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Re: Rewiring new board

Post by Dietrich »

Hi mroberts1999 ,
I have attached a copy of the Heng Long RX18 boards 'pin-out' , which I hope may help,but I am not sure what you mean about 'The on /off switch where do they get soldered to in the Board ?' The RX18 only uses the small white plastic 'plugs' like the ones that are used to connect fans etc to a computers motherboard. None of the wires are soldered to it at all...... I have no experience with the MATO system but I thought that it used virtually the same control boards as Heng Long but basically the next oldest version....so this would mean that Mato were using the RX14......I am sure that others will know more...but could you please put a couple of photos of each side of the Mato system so that we can see what the board looks like ??
Alb.
Attachments
mfu4.jpg
mfu4.jpg (39.74 KiB) Viewed 1466 times
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
mroberts1999
Recruit

Post by mroberts1999 »

Hi there the Mato I have does have plugs but for the on /off switch under the tank there are only a red and black wire. From the battery inlet there is a purple and green wire the green one is soldered to the on/off switch. The purple I am guess ine goes into the battery plug on the board. I tried to upload a pic but it's too big. I'll try later .
Dietrich
Staff Sergeant

Post by Dietrich »

Hi mroberts1999,
If you have windows with the 'Paint' option then that is easy to use to dramatically reduce the size of the image without loosing clarity.... If you do have it I can talk you through using it...If I can use it then it MUST be easy...... :haha:
Alb.
Never Forget......
   The Propaganda of the Victors....... becomes the History of the Vanquished
mroberts1999
Recruit

Post by mroberts1999 »

My biggest problem is the 12 pin plug rorm mato. I've tried an 8 plug with disasterous results. Do I need to strip all the mato gear out an replace with henglong ? The lights and machine gun are on a four plug setup. But the turret controls are made up of six black and white wires into 3 plugs and two white wires into 1 plug. I've burned up two RX-18 units and melted wires . I even burned a finger thats how hot it got.
starktiger 1
Lance Corporal

Post by starktiger 1 »

Hi

You can use a pin on a needle too push the barb in
So you can take the wires out of the plug with the metal bit
still on And rewire to a 8pin plug using the diagram

You can do it on all the plugs and rewire to the 18 board
You have to pull the barb out again so it stays in the plug

Jon
HL S&S Tiger I
HL S&S Panzer IV
HL S&S M26 Pershing
HL IR STuG III
HL IR Panther G
Tamiya M4 105mm Sherman
Torro T34-85 with bed spring armour and HL IR electronics
Heng Feng S&S Jagdtiger
Matto M4A1 76W Sherman
Heng Long Tauch Panzer III
fiveftsix155
Recruit

Post by fiveftsix155 »

The Mato Sherman uses a twelve pin upper hull socket and plug,however only ten pins are in use.
from one end there are a single line of two pin plugs as you look at the upper hull socket.
the first plug is not wired to the two pins that are directly below it, but uses the two pins next to them instead, these being the turret traverse motor.
I am in the same process ie fitting an RX18 into the mato Sherman
As to the battery switch AND the Volumn switch you are better off replacing them for standard Heng Long ones complete with plugs as the volumn switch on the mato has two wires whilst the heng long one has three.
update.
looking at turret socket with gun facing forward in normal position
turret 12 pin socket numbered from left to right
Pin 1 = r/lights
Pin 2 =f/lights
Pin 3 =MG
Pin 4 =gun elevation neg
Pin 5 = gun elevation pos
Pin 6 = recoil
Pin 7 = recoil and common with lights & MG
Pin 8 = BB switch pos
Pin 9 = Turret traverse neg