Batteries

Discuss the good old Heng Long electronics here, whether its mods on them or anything else, it goes here!
Ade 335d
Recruit

Batteries

Post by Ade 335d »

Well ive had this tiegan tiger now a week and a half and it's just giving me a bloody headache. Firstly the recoil stopped rocking the tank back when fired. Now after a couple of minutes of running the engine sound winds down to a stop and obviously the tank is then shut down. A couple of times I've turned off the master switch on the tank left it a couple of seconds then reset it, it then runs for a couple of minutes. I've checked the battery that came with it which is 2000mah 7.2 volts, checked the battery level and it's showing 8v
Any ideas.
Cheers
Ade
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Batteries

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Ade,
When was the battery charged last and for how long and with what kind of charger, the stock one?
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Ade 335d
Recruit

Post by Ade 335d »

Morning.
The charger is the stock.....doesn't seem quality. It's been on for a couple of hours. I'm leaving it on for a good few hours today.
Cheers
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
When you get a new battery always charge it with a slow charger very slow I always charge any new battery NiCad or Nmh over night then after that I use a Delta peek charger. You have to treat the battery's with respect other wise they will let you down. Brian...
Ade 335d
Recruit

Post by Ade 335d »

Thanks Brian.
I do have one of these programmable chargers with the delta mode but not sure what to set it at apart from nmh mode.
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Do you have NiCAds or Nmh? NiCads are getting hard to get now most of the time you will get Nmh batts with the kit Nmh are better they hold a charge better if you don't use them much. But remember to run the battery down not flat then recharge. As long as you treat your batters well they WILL last a long time. I have had batterys for 10 to 12 years I use them when I was racing 4WD and they are still good so I think that proves my point. So look after you battery's and they will look after you. Brian... :wave:

Return to “Heng Long”