Heng Long King Tiger

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
WWIInut
Recruit

Heng Long King Tiger

Post by WWIInut »

I just got a Heng Long King Tiger II as my first 1/16th RC tank. It is the 3888-1 model. I ran it for the first battery charge and everything worked fine except the smoker did not work. Upon charging the battery overnight the smoker still does not work, maybe I put in too much oil?? The motor runs but nothing comes out. Now everytime I try to go backwards, back left or back right the tank shuts off, same if I try to fire the main gun from either the gun button or the joy stick. All other functiions seem to work fine and the gun does fire before it shuts off and the headlight blinks. I got the metal upgraded version with S&S but I'm new and have no idea whats wrong??? Here's a newbie question, Do I have to wait 5 minutes everytime I turn the switch on or is this just for the smoke??? I'm really excited about this new hobby and I'm trying to stay positive but I want my tank to operate!!! Anybody got an idea??? Thanks
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Re: Heng Long King Tiger

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

Alright dude, lets start with the smoker issues, first off how much oil did you put in? Am guessing to much as the small wick in the smoker only needs to be moist not saturated, so the only thing you can do is pop the top off the tank and then unscrew the four screws from the smoker loud, gently lift it up and you should see the wick, use a paper towel to gently squeeze it and absorb the excess oil, then soak up any oil in the bottom of the smoke chamber, put it back together and let it run abit and you should be good to go! As for the cutting out problems sounds like your battery might be flat or just not very charged, hope this helps dude, feel free to ask anymore questions
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Welcome ww2 your in the best place for advice ! Hope you enjoy the forum post some pics of your KT

Eddie
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
WWIInut
Recruit

Post by WWIInut »

Yea I'm sure I put in too much oil. I charged the battery for over 8 hours do I need to do something else??? I'll give the drying off deal a try. I'm not too worried about that part just want to have fun with the tank. Thanks for the advise.
As for the pics, I'm new to this scale but I am a well known 1/160th scale (N scale) military train modeler so seeing this big tank makes me think of all the stuff I can do to it. It's killing me, but before I go off the deep end I want to get it running reliable then look out!!!!
What about the 5 minutes "warm up" time???
edpanzer
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by edpanzer »

Not sure about the five minutes warm up first I've heard about it but I've had my tank a week and the smoker was not working when I got it (replacement on its way from the dealer as we speak)
Edited to add I start operating the tank as soon as the headlight stops blinking
Taigen Tiger 1 full option rctank.de special edition airbrush paint IR equipped
Type 90 1/24
WSN T34
Heng long leopard 2a6
Heng long panzer 4 platinum
Heng long sherman
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
WWIInut
Recruit

Post by WWIInut »

Thanks, that's what I thought. It runs as soon as the light stops flashing so I figured that must be the case. Is there any good reason why I should upgrade to a 7.2V 4000Mah battery??? I got the tank as a gift and so have no idea where it was purchased from. I'm sure I over oiled it but the reverse thing has me worried.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

You don't need to wait 5 min smoker should only take few seconds to get going and everything else should work from the get go, have you tried another battery? Also check the tracks are not binding or getting jammed by running tank with hull resting on a brick or similar and the tracks of the ground, could be that if the track gets stuck the motors draw too much current, the voltage drops and the tank thinks the battery is flat and cuts out, but I bet its probably just the battery dude. A 4000mah battery will give you over twice the run time so yes a good idea! I run 5000mah lipo's in my tanks and get hours out of then.
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
WWIInut
Recruit

Post by WWIInut »

Thanks again Tank82. I checked the tracks and nothing seems to be binding. I only ran it indoors on my hardwood floor so no obstacles. I'll stop tonight at the RC shop and get the bigger battery. Would the flat battery have the same effect towards the gun shooting??? Sorry for all the questions.
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Do you have a BB tank or an IR tank? The gun firing would have the same effect as the motors stalling of its an IR tank as the flash sticks alot of juice, not sure if its as bad in a BB tank, try the new battery and see how it goes, don't worry about questions, everyone in here is happy to help, it's the only to learn! (well not always has ha ha!)
WWIInut
Recruit

Post by WWIInut »

Thanks a lot. It is a BB tank and I'll let you know what happens with the new battery. I'm in the US so do you know of a good place to get a good battery (brand)????

Return to “Introduce Yourself”