Hello!!!

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
Oddball2
Recruit

Hello!!!

Post by Oddball2 »

Hello!!!

My name is Caleb, and I am 13 years old.

I live in Brisbane, Australia, I am an enthusiastic modeller.
My favourite tank is a M4 sherman.

Looking forward to meeting you all,

Caleb (Oddball2)
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hello!!!

Post by jarndice »

Caleb Hallo, Welcome to the Forum, we are lucky to have an ever growing number of Australian and New Zealand members, If you have been with us for any time, then you will know that lots of us favour M4s, although not me, far to many variants for my liking, but that is probably the attraction to those with a taste for them, that's the great thing about this place, there is something for everyone, I hope you enjoy this place and I hope you are enjoying the break from school for the holidays, take care. :wave: :wave: :wave: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Oddball2
Recruit

Post by Oddball2 »

Hi Shaun,

Have you got any rc tanks, and if so, what types?
I've just built a 1/35 Tamiya M4, not rc, unfortunately.
I am trying to convert it 'Oddballs Sherman' from Kelly's Heroes.

Thanks,

Caleb
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

Caleb I favour PANZER4s, three so far one of which is halfway through the build and three TIGER 1s, one of which is waiting for me to fit new suspension, it will have to wait while I finish a 1/10 DHC 2 BEAVER light aircraft, TAMIYA make some fine Tanks in different scales,A number of the Shermans being built on the Forum are emulating the M4s in the film FURY, I find as do many of the other members of the Forum that one of the most interesting parts is researching the particular Tank I am building, and trying with my limited skills to build a close shadow of the original Tank, If you are not too sure of the detail you can always cheat and build one that the photographs show as damaged, no one can tell you that it is wrong cos there is no evidence, My first TAIGEN TIGER 1 is a copy of one of the first TIGERS in Tunisia which all the photographs show as badly damaged so the front is the way I want it to be and no one else knows better, :haha: :haha: Have a great Christmas :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
Oddball2
Recruit

Post by Oddball2 »

Hi,
Very interesting.Tiger 1's are my favourite german tank.
I'm hoping I'll get a model tiger 1 for christmas. I wonder if they're actually going to bring out a model Fury.

Have a great christmas, Caleb :thumbup: :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Greetings Caleb....have you any way of taking photos ...we would enjoy seeing you Kelly's hero's Sherman :thumbup:

Welcome to the board :thumbup:

ALPHA
cannedheat

Post by cannedheat »

hi old chap wot wot, do bear in mind old boy that most on the forum senior, to middle age with a few young ,? a educated guesse ?
don't be led astray ? if you are a multi millionaire have lots of shillings to spend just be wary of whom you buy from , ......wot wot ......
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning,
Welcome to the Forum. There are many great Builds of Shermans, Tamiya and Heng Long and Mato in the build sections. If you haven't already, settle in for some good reads and idea sessions.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Oddball2
Recruit

Post by Oddball2 »

Hi everyone,

Great to hear from you all! :thumbup:
I would like to put up some photos, but not sure how to do it. It hasn't completely been painted yet. Any advice on how to paint it? Spray paint or brush paint?

It was on this website I saw a 1/16 rc sherman being converted to 'Oddballs' tank. He used some sack cloth to make some bags/sacks to hang on the tank. I loved that idea so I sewed some up. I even hung a lego fry pan at the back of the tank, like on the movie! 8|

Hope everyone has a good Christmas,

Caleb :wave:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Oddball2 wrote:Hi everyone,

Great to hear from you all! :thumbup:
I would like to put up some photos, but not sure how to do it. It hasn't completely been painted yet. Any advice on how to paint it? Spray paint or brush paint?

It was on this website I saw a 1/16 rc sherman being converted to 'Oddballs' tank. He used some sack cloth to make some bags/sacks to hang on the tank. I loved that idea so I sewed some up. I even hung a lego fry pan at the back of the tank, like on the movie! 8|

Hope everyone has a good Christmas,

Caleb :wave:
As far as your pictures go...if you have a phone that does pictures or a digital camera laying around...take photos with that...transfer it to a holding site like photobucket or Imger then post it here using the toolbar on the reply screen
The paint is up to you...it's a tank...so you really don't need to worry about surface texture....either spray or brush works...so I would say go with what's convenient for you... the upside to using a brush is ..you develop techniques and skills...that you won't with shaker cans ;)

Good Luck Caleb :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “Introduce Yourself”