Hi all

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
sheffieldsteel
Recruit

Hi all

Post by sheffieldsteel »

Just registered and am enjoying looking around. There's some great tanks here.....
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Hi all

Post by jarndice »

Welcome to the Forum, do check out the BLACKLIST and be surprised at some of the names you will see, then go to the recommended dealers where you can get a good deal without fear of being ripped off, lots to see and much to take in, this hobby can get very expensive if you are not careful but it should always be fun, if it isn't you are doing it wrong!!!! :wave: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
sheffieldsteel
Recruit

Post by sheffieldsteel »

Thanks for the heads up Shaun. I'm looking at getting a Heng-Long Sherman but I want to convert it to a British Firefly so still researching what needs to be done.
Found this on e-bay which seems to be a good starting point.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Heng-Long-Rad ... 3381daf80a
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

Hi Sheffieldsteel.

Might be worth a look in the for sale section. 2 brand new H/L shermans on offer at the moment :thumbup:
jarndice
Colonel

Post by jarndice »

The dealer is Howes and is a trustworthy company and they have the added advantage of being a lot cheaper than most, they are to be found on our RECOMMENDED dealers site. :thumbup: shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Greetings...welcome to the board... you might want to check the SHERMAN THREAD...for some inspiration...there's a few fireflies there..you could try contacting the builders for tips....I think there is one from Mcevoyi...Woz...and Fynsdad :D

Enjoy the Adventure :thumbup:

ALPHA
sheffieldsteel
Recruit

Post by sheffieldsteel »

Thanks ALPHA. I've checked out that thread and I really like your firefly called Amy, but cannot find a build report for it.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

sheffieldsteel wrote:Thanks ALPHA. I've checked out that thread and I really like your firefly called Amy, but cannot find a build report for it.
That's not mine... I proxy posted that one... it belongs to fynsdad...you can PM him if you are really interested in that build...he posted a photo of a group of Shermans on the second page :D

To PM him hit the PM icon under his name :D ...He's a grumpy fella so watch out :haha: :haha: :haha: ...just kidding ...great guy ..excellent sense of humor :D

ALPHA
sheffieldsteel
Recruit

Post by sheffieldsteel »

Oh ok thank you. I like the style of hatches on that one, do you know which model he used? Was it the Forces of Valour one?
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Hi and welcome along to the forum you will get some good advice on your project of a fire fly. Some great modellers that will give you tips and hints
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman

Return to “Introduce Yourself”