New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Hi, my name is Alwyn Turner (call me Al). I came across your site while researching for info on scratch building an LCM3 and found some really great stuff so decided to contribute. I am recently retired so needed something to keep me busy, and so far have started on a 1/16 scale LCVP scratch build which is well advanced, and then decided to scratch build a 1/16 universal carrier to put in it. Both have reached finishing/painting prep stage and I am now thinking about a 1/16th LCM3 to keep me busy during paint drying and to keep my hand in.

Being retired I am scratch building to keep costs down and it also means I have to spend a lot of time building bits from scraps/salvage which keeps me busy.

I will put some photos of builds on later as I don't have any handy now so will keep in touch.
YOU'RE NEVER TOO OLD TO HAVE A HAPPY CHILDHOOD!

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Re: New member

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Alwyn,
A very warm welcome to the forum/mad house. You will learn a lot from the guys here very friendly lot. I'm retried too welcome to that club as well. :thumbup:. Brian... :wave:
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Brian, how do I put a photo into a reply, I'm new to all this?
Thanks
Al

Saladin scratchbuild, Matilda scratchbuild, Churchill scratchbuild, Crusader scratchbuild, M10 Achiĺles scratchbuild, Universal Carrier scratchbuild
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Al,
Well there's a few ways. The way I go about it is I have a small compact camera set on the lowest setting witch is VGA that makes the photo small to go on the site. Someone out there will tell a better way so just hold on and you will get the advice you need. Brian...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

I upload all my photos to a 3rd party hosting site, in my case photo bucket. This means if the site ever gets hacked I'll still have my photos! I copy the links from photo bucket to my posts, et voila!
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Thanks Tom, I will set my cam to lower resolution and give it a try. Cheers Al

brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

There you go Al told ya :thumbup: . Brian... :wave:
Phil
Corporal

Post by Phil »

Hi AI

I would set your camera to normal not low res, as most hosting sites cope with large file sizes and you can use your pictures for print as well, you will be disappointed looking back at your creations in low res!

Phil
Panther Ausf G
Corporal

Post by Panther Ausf G »

Hi Al.
Welcome to the forum. :wave:
I like your idea scratch build 1/16th Lcm and the universal carrier, :thumbup: yes the Lcm3 would have carried one maybe two of those.
A mistake some make is putting a Sherman in the Lcm3. They were carried in the Higgins conversion Lcm6.
Any help I can give ask.
Caveat I have a problem with eyesight and focus at the moment, so not logged on the forum as much as I would like.
We do not stop playing because we grow old.
We grow old because we stop playing.
AlwynTurner
2nd Lieutenant

Post by AlwynTurner »

Return to “Introduce Yourself”