New Pershing owner

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
JaseB
Recruit

New Pershing owner

Post by JaseB »

Hi all, I live in the new forest and I have just ordered a Tamiya full option M26 Pershing.

I was torn between this and the Tiger, but as most seem to go with the Germans I thought I would get the yank to balance things up a little.

This'll be my first tank kit and I look forward to building it. If anyone has any tips feel free to chime in.

Jason
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: New Pershing owner

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: Thank you for joining the Board with something Different Jason :clap: ....I understand the Tamiya Pershing is a Nice model... little tight in the chassis ... but a nice rendition of the tank

Personally I like the short barrelled close combat version...than the more common long gun version

Welcome to the board... best of luck with the build.... photo's would be nice... it also gives us the opportunity to offer suggestions ;)

Enjoy the Adventure :thumbup:

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Evening,
Welcome to the Forum, Jase. I join Alpha in asking for pics of your Pershing build when it gets underway. I am beginning a HL Pershing redo using a lot of the Tamiya Pershing parts sprues so your build will be very relevant to me and a lot of fun to follow along with. Again, welcome!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Horses45
Corporal

Post by Horses45 »

Welcome to the forum I have the tam full option Pershing and love it so enjoy the build and the forum
Torro King Tiger , Torro KV-2 , Torro M-16 half track , 2xTaigen Tigers
HL King Tiger , HL KV-1 , HL Tiger , HL Bulldog , HL Pershing , HL Sherman
JaseB
Recruit

Post by JaseB »

Thanks for the welcome, chaps. I will take pictures as it builds up, it'll make an interesting record.

I looked at the other tanks,but was drawn to the tamiya because a, it was a kit and I like to build things and b, for an accurate model it makes an excellent base.

I am looking forward to it immensely.
Jake79
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Jake79 »

Hallo JaseB

Good choose of tank, has to be one of my fav's. I'm new to modelling and will be wanting to take on a build in the future so will be following yours with a keen intrest.

Good luck with the build :)
Tamiya: 2 King Tigers
H/L,Taigen :Initial Tiger 1, Panzer III, Kv 2, Panther G, Bulldog, Leo 2A6
JaseB
Recruit

Post by JaseB »

Admin cock up. I have been informed there is a delay with the Pershing to the tune of a minimum two weeks. It may be as long as two months.

With that in mind, I'll keep the Pershing on back order and I have ordered a Tiger 1 (I know). So that will be built first, as I was going to get both anyway. I actually flipped a coin to decide which one first. Sorry to disappoint, but no one is as disappointed as me. :'(
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HMMMMMMMMMImage

Here comes another Tiger

ImageImage

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Jase,
Looking at Alpha's Gif up above as the Tiger turns towards you as if it has seen you. Gave me goosebumps... so no frets on the Pershing wait. I am beginning a Tiger 1 kit this winter as well so fun will be had watching and following along with your Tiger 1 build. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Good Morning, Jase,
Looking at Alpha's Gif up above as the Tiger turns towards you as if it has seen you. Gave me goosebumps... so no frets on the Pershing wait. I am beginning a Tiger 1 kit this winter as well so fun will be had watching and following along with your Tiger 1 build. ;o)
regards,
Painless
That's about when I'll probably do a Tiger.... have to redo my Kuromorimiro ...Maho's tank... more or less a redux...no super detailing... but man... kind of loosing my enthusiasm for doing it... it's a Tiger...we've seen so many done already... :haha: ...Heck maybe I'll put it off till next year :haha: :haha:

ALPHA

Return to “Introduce Yourself”