New one from Riga

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here.
EddyK
Sergeant

New one from Riga

Post by EddyK »

Hi, guys!
Two months ago I don't even heard about r/c tanks. In our country r/c hobbies aren't to widespread. And r/c tanks even more. In Riga there was only one store where could buy r/c tanks, but it went bankrupt. Aprox in that time I started to think about the gift for son's birthday and the New Years eve. Then I started to wiev r/c tanki images and videos on Youtube. I started becoming more involved in these tanks and now I don't know who is enjoing tanks more - me or my son. :haha: So in our army currently are two tanks - Tiger 1 and the Bulldog.
Photos I'll add a little later..

Edmunds
Red Devils
Staff Sergeant

Re: New one from Riga

Post by Red Devils »

Welcome to the for Edmunds,

You have come to right place for all things RC Tank. Can't wait to see some pics of your tanks. Once again welcome...

Derek
The Princess Patricia's Canadian Light Infantry
First in the Field - Since 1914.
sparks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by sparks »

Hi Edmunds,
Welcome to the forum :wave:
sparks
Hey man....I just ride 'em, I dunno what makes 'em work.
Woof woof woof !
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

hi edmunds
welcome to the forum, for all your tanky needs! :D
lister :wave:
dgsselkirk
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by dgsselkirk »

Greetings!

Looking forward to seeing some beasts from the east! Shoot us some pics when you can! :D
"There are things in Russia which are not as they seem..."
Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

Hi, tankers! Some time has gone from my last post in this theme and now I'm ready to place some photos in here. In this tme our army has grown up a little bit and now we got four Heng Long tanks - Bulldog (BB), Sherman (IR), KV-1 (IR) and Tiger 1 (BB) of course! I'm thankfuff to David "Forgebear" for theese tanks and upgrades for them.
So here we go!

Last edited by EddyK on Sat May 25, 2013 7:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
JBdk
Private

Post by JBdk »

Hi Edmunds...

That's one fine collection you got there...I can see you are from Riga, I visited your town in arbout 20 years ago...it was I think a year after youre country had left the USSR, I remember they still used the old money from USSR but the day I left Riga one of the Latvian guys I stayed with had been to the bank and got one brand new Latvia 5 ruble, I got as a sovenir so I could remember the year for my trip... ;)
EddyK
Sergeant

Post by EddyK »

JBdk wrote:Hi Edmunds...

That's one fine collection you got there...I can see you are from Riga, I visited your town in arbout 20 years ago...it was I think a year after youre country had left the USSR, I remember they still used the old money from USSR but the day I left Riga one of the Latvian guys I stayed with had been to the bank and got one brand new Latvia 5 ruble, I got as a sovenir so I could remember the year for my trip... ;)
Hope You enjoyed staying in our city! The rubles where terrible money, I mean its quality... :haha:
JBdk
Private

Post by JBdk »

I had a great time in Riga...was on a kind of field trip with my school for ten days, a couple of us stayed with three lativian students in a small apartment in the old part of Riga only five minuts walk from the bus and train station, so we had alot of good times seeing the city... ;)

I have just had a look on the rubels I got and they are printed with this: Latvias bankas pagaidu naudas zime, Google translate it to this: Banks in Latvia temporary currency they are printed 1992, I don't think they are worth anything but they are funny to have as souvinir and also they mark some years of change in europe with the USSR breaking up. :)
forgebear
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by forgebear »

hi Edmunds
you have done a great job on the tanks I like the bulldog paint job you have done
keep up the great work
dave

Return to “Introduce Yourself”