Make you own super duper Machine Gun

This section contains tips and tricks on building and running model vehicles. If you know any then post them here and if you need to find any, try your first search here.
Forum rules
This section is for posting helpful Tips and Tricks only. Questions need to be posted within general questions section viewforum.php?f=14
torpedochief
Lance Corporal

Make you own super duper Machine Gun

Post by torpedochief »

Here again is a cheap better looking alternate to what could be an expensive upgrade.

Lets build the bow gun for a Heng Long Tiger. (This will work for any tank and MG type.) Cut brass tube to the diameter and the length needed.
Using drill bits widen the hole through the length of the barrel. Carful not to make the wall of the tube so thin it will not support itself.

Roughen the end that is to be the muzzle with a file or sandpaper. Apply a glob of solder around the end,

Carefully chuck up the tube in a drill or moto-tool. Spin the tube and use a file to shape the solder into a flash suppressor.

Mark and drill holes if required to simulate vents. one the hole are drilled use your bits to remove any burrs left on the inside of the brass barrel.

I use BLACKEN IT to chemically color my brass where required. Makes it look like gun metal in my opinion.

From the old machine gun cut the base from the barrel. Hollow the center of the this base out so the round end of an LED will fit inside.

From an old Xmas tree cut some strands of fiber optic material. Insert as many of these into the barrel making them flush with the breech end but extending an inch out the barrel.

With a drop of CA glue the end of the LED into the now hollow old base. Glue the barrel into a hole drilled in the opposite end of the base.

Solder and heat shrink your connections. Then heat shrink the LED to the housing.

Insert glue and there you go!!
Attachments
MG8.png
MG8.png (186.28 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG7.png
MG7.png (74.11 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG6.png
MG6.png (171.69 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG5.png
MG5.png (156.82 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG4.png
MG4.png (170.29 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG3.png
MG3.png (183.41 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG2.png
MG2.png (158.2 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
MG1.png
MG1.png (74.21 KiB) Viewed 1306 times
D. Clayton Meadows
Author of
OF ICE AND STEEL
EPITAPH
TIGER!
Lord Haw-Haw
Private

Re: Make you own super duper Machine Gun

Post by Lord Haw-Haw »

How's would/does that blacken-it work on the track?
torpedochief
Lance Corporal

Re: Make you own super duper Machine Gun

Post by torpedochief »

Blacken it works on brass copper, but not aluminum or stainless. It should work just fine. I would do a test first just to be sure.
D. Clayton Meadows
Author of
OF ICE AND STEEL
EPITAPH
TIGER!

Return to “Tips and Tricks”