Panther G

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
FirsthandSnow
Recruit

Panther G

Post by FirsthandSnow »

So here is my Panther G, yet to do anything major yet, however I have some scale chains and rope and a German Battle flag inbound :) As for the 387 numbering, when I received the tank, the original numbering was 3879, but the 9s on all the decals had a large score mark through the 9, so I didn't quite know what to do :( After pondering a while, I took the scalpel to the decal and removed what was left of the 9 and it turned out well I think :)
IMG_0308.jpg
I've used a bog standard pencil to give the likes of hinges a bit of a raw metal look, saw that trick from another forum :)
IMG_0310.jpg
Also used the tip of my finger to get a dull metal look on the tow shackles and fenders :)
IMG_0314.jpg
Let me know what you guys think and anywhere I could improve :D
Thanks!
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Panther G

Post by PainlessWolf »

FHS,
Good Afternoon. You have a beautiful Panther there. Great paint right out of the box! Quite a lot can be done to these machines to add realism and fun.
regards,
Painless Wolf
...Here for the Dawn...
ruben2005
Sergeant

Post by ruben2005 »

looking good fella :thumbup: :thumbup:
fetch me the kitty's lets go to war
FirsthandSnow
Recruit

Post by FirsthandSnow »

Thanks guys :D With regards to the flag, I've got the non weathered version ordered, it was a couple pounds cheaper than the weathered one, figured I could mucky it up a bit myself :D I also think I'll paint the MG42 black with wooden stock and grip, when I have the time :D
FirsthandSnow
Recruit

Post by FirsthandSnow »

They look great, Paul :D Thanks for all the info :) could I just ask where you got the ammunition belt and tin from? :p I imagine they have proper names, that's all I could think of, sorry if I'm being ignorant ahah
FirsthandSnow
Recruit

Post by FirsthandSnow »

Ah! Thanks :D they look good, they'll be a future purchase I think :) I'll have to stock up on some paints for them too me thinks :)
Thanks again, Paul!
tiger tiger
Sergeant

Post by tiger tiger »

Nice panther there, thanks for the pencil tip not heard of it before so will be using it now. thanks again great panther again

regards
stuart
Grantham Light Armoured Division RCTC
Marc780
Corporal

Post by Marc780 »

really nice paint, very dark but that's how they come out sometimes. The only possible think i'd add would be maybe, the "Vampir" sites if you decided to make it a late war model, as several hundred tanks were fitted with the IR lights and viewers starting in 1945. Having zimmerit, or not, I decided is not any less historic whichever way you do it. The Germans only applied it from about mid 1943 - when the panther was brand new - and they quit doing it in late 1944, approximately October 1944 they simply stopped applying it. Considering around 5,000 Panthers were built from mid 1943 to wars end, you'd probably be accurate with zim or without.
FirsthandSnow
Recruit

Post by FirsthandSnow »

After a bit of a hiatus, I'm back and I've still not done anything under the hood, yet... I'm planning on getting some Tamiya weathering sets soon though and seeing what I can do with them :D
so, this is where I'm up to...
Not a lot going on in the front, as you can see, but I got the chains off of a seller on eBay...
IMG_0478.JPG
I've also made a small hole into the barrel of the bow MG with a 1.5mm drill bit, which may or may not be too big, in hindsight :haha:
IMG_0479.JPG
Lastly is the rear of the tank, I don't know if I've unrealistically over loaded it or not, but I think it looks quite good...I got the rope and chain set from eBay, I'll get the sellers name if anyone's interested :thumbup:
IMG_0481.JPG
I do have a Wehrmacht Battle Flag strapped to the hull above the engine bay door, but wasn't sure of the rules on posting that aha

Anyway, that's my new 'show off' post, once I've muddied and rusted it up a bit I'll make another post :)

Thanks, guys!

Return to “Show Off”