My new Torro King Tiger

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

My new Torro King Tiger

Post by jtracks »

Ever since Merlin displayed his Torro King Tiger I have been lusting after one. I checked with a couple of of US and UK dealers and the price plus shipping was just to prohibitive. Then I found one on Taigens web site in the ,yes, you guessed it, Scratch and Dent section. The tank had some paint issues and was offered at a great price and one I could afford. Here are some photo's of how I received the tank and then how I fixed the paint issues.

ImageImageImageImageImage

Joe
Joe
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: My new Torro King Tiger

Post by PainlessWolf »

Joe,
That's pretty amazing work! I couldn't even see an issue with the original paint except some over spray on the grill screens. You turned it into something really cool. Kudos!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
WWIInut
Recruit

Post by WWIInut »

Joe That looks great How does it run??? If I can be so bold as to ask what you paid for it???? I'm addicted already and my toy budget is still good (the misses hasn't seen the Visa bill yet) so I can buy before she finds out!!!
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

PainlessWolf wrote:Joe,
That's pretty amazing work! I couldn't even see an issue with the original paint except some over spray on the grill screens. You turned it into something really cool. Kudos!
regards,
Painless
Thanks Painless, quite a compliment coming from you. Yes, the screens. I need to find something to get in between the squares to clean that up. A straight pin is too large. The paint issues were on the upper hull under the turret. When the turret spun, it was scratching the hull. I removed the turret and found metal flashing on the underside of the turret. A few minutes with a file took care of that.

Joe
Joe
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

WWIInut wrote:Joe That looks great How does it run??? If I can be so bold as to ask what you paid for it???? I'm addicted already and my toy budget is still good (the misses hasn't seen the Visa bill yet) so I can buy before she finds out!!!
It runs very well WWIInut. It is the all metal (90%) version and an IR tank to boot. Check out the retail on these and then know it was just at $400.00 including shipping. For a Torro KT, I couldn't pass it up. Keep an eye on Taigen's/IMEX web site. There are some great deals to be had in their Scratch and dent section if you don't mind doing a little work.

Joe
Joe
mick e
Recruit

Post by mick e »

Looking good. :thumbup:
Torro Metal Tiger.
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

mick e wrote:Looking good. :thumbup:

Thanks mick e. There are a few things yet to do on the tank but I am very happy with it. I need to finish the Tiger 1 before I can get back to the KT.

Joe
Joe
Steelhammer
Lance Corporal

Post by Steelhammer »

Nice one Joe - that's one smart looking beast :clap:
Tamiya King Tiger (no options)
Taigen Full Metal T34 (winter)
Heng Long Challenger II (European camo')
Tamiya Tiger I full options (still in the box)
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

Steelhammer wrote:Nice one Joe - that's one smart looking beast :clap:
Thanks Steelhammer, it is beastly looking when I set it next to my P IV and Shermans.

Joe
Joe
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

jtracks wrote:
WWIInut wrote:Joe That looks great How does it run??? If I can be so bold as to ask what you paid for it???? I'm addicted already and my toy budget is still good (the misses hasn't seen the Visa bill yet) so I can buy before she finds out!!!
It runs very well WWIInut. It is the all metal (90%) version and an IR tank to boot. Check out the retail on these and then know it was just at $400.00 including shipping. For a Torro KT, I couldn't pass it up. Keep an eye on Taigen's/IMEX web site. There are some great deals to be had in their Scratch and dent section if you don't mind doing a little work.

Joe
$400 ?................Hmmm, thats abouuuuuuut
8 million $AUD at the moment !! :/
A great looking stock tank with even better enhancements :thumbup:
Real nice.
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85

Return to “Show Off”