Taigen Sherman

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
jtracks
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Taigen Sherman

Post by jtracks »

Last edited by jtracks on Mon Dec 22, 2014 4:19 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Joe
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Taigen Sherman

Post by ALPHA »

Looks like my first impression was wrong....The Taigen looks great...might have to get one :D

Thanks JT ...your comparison really helps :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

I digress...I think the Taigen turret is too small..just a tad...or the turret guard is too big ...hard to find photos of the real deal from
top view..this was the one of three...there is relatively no gap between the base of the turret and the guard...still with that said..Taigen did an excellent job :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey JT.... would it be possible for you to take a photo of the Taigens underside....I wouldn't mind seeing how the bogies are attached

Thanks ahead of time ;)

ALPHA
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

The attention to detail is definitely an improvement over the Heng Long version, and it seems that they have got the correct colour of green for the paintwork too.

Do the drivers hatches open or are they fixed in position?

Could you maybe put up a video of this so that we can hear the sound quality and also see how it runs?

Would be interested as Alpha has pointed out to see how they are attaching the bogies, maybe a possible HVSS conversion?
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Well if I jump on one of these...the reason I want to see the bogies is to see how easy they are to change out...they are too modern for what I want to use it for...My plan would be to put the lower on my Valerie...making her 98% metal... and maybe make a firefly with the remaining parts ;)

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Jtracks,
I seem to remember in an early video of this tank by Taigen that the rear deck engine grills opened up. ( like the Mato aftermarkets that you have on your excellent HL ) Is that still the case with this tank? That is a mighty handy feature to have especially if it is a factory standard.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
greengiant

Post by greengiant »

How did they achieve the 360 turret rotation? From your picture its hard to tell if there is a slip ring connection or just a sturdy plug that the wires go to that will allow the rotation a few times before it must be run in the opposite direction to unwind the wires.
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Hi green giant, the 360 is achieved by a slip ring. It's one of the big selling points of this taigen version.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer
jtracks

Post by jtracks »

ALPHA wrote:Hey JT.... would it be possible for you to take a photo of the Taigens underside....I wouldn't mind seeing how the bogies are attached

Thanks ahead of time ;)

ALPHA
Sorry ALPHA,green giant, painless, and Merlin, been under the weather last couple of days.
Last edited by jtracks on Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Joe

Return to “Show Off”