The Tiger thread

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
scalawag

The Tiger thread

Post by scalawag »

After ALPHAS excellent Idea of a Tiger specific thread, and m@tdragons suggestion that someone start a thread here in show off, I thought why not give it a go.

So the intention of this thread is for anything Tiger I related, models, tips, pics, questions, you name it. The only proviso is that all posts should relate to the Tiger I in some way.

Perhaps if this thread is popular, the mods might consider making it a sticky at some point so that it is easy to find.
Last edited by scalawag on Tue Sep 23, 2014 9:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
scalawag

Re: THE TIGER THREAD

Post by scalawag »

To start things off here are a couple of pics of the 2 Tiger Is I have so far.

Early Tiger I 502 SPzrAbt.

This is built from a basic Tigen Tiger I with plastic hull. Lots of upgrades including 4-1 steel gearboxes, metal tracks, IBU2 control system, Tamiya compatible IR battle system.

Mid/Late Tiger I 504 SPzrAbt.

This is also based on a Taigen model but this time with the metal chassis. Upgrades are very similar to the Early Tiger.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Here are my attempts at tigers;

First up is an early model based on the taigen metal chassis and mouldings:

Alphas favourite crew member:

Next is my Sturmtiger, full metal upper and taigen lower. Aside from the donor tiger upper all metal. Based on the modernised prototype that's in kubica.

Next up is my tamiya Tunisian tiger (try saying that quickly!). Backdated to a first batch with the relevant field mods and backwards tow cables.

Coming up a steel wheeled mid tiger!
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:After ALPHAS excellent Idea of a Tiger specific thread, and m@tdragons suggestion that someone start a thread here in show off, I thought why not give it a go.

So the intention of this thread is for anything Tiger I related, models, tips, pics, questions, you name it. The only proviso is that all posts should relate to the Tiger I in some way.

Perhaps if this thread is popular, the mods might consider making it a sticky at some point so that it is easy to find.
Thanks Scalawag...is this how it works? you make a thread and if it gets enough response then it gets permanent status?
Ok... that works.... but this is not exactly what I had in mind.... thought the thread could be more diverse....and not only include Show off tanks... but perhaps the build that went into the Show off result...credit going to the person building ...not the author of the thread...which in this case is you lol

But hey ..I'm flexible... so will see how this flys

Thanks again Scalawag...Learn something every day ;)

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

tomhugill wrote:Here are my attempts at tigers;

First up is an early model based on the taigen metal chassis and mouldings:

Alphas favourite crew member:

:haha: :haha: ....He's still the best I've seen :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
scalawag

Post by scalawag »

ALPHA wrote:
scalawag wrote:After ALPHAS excellent Idea of a Tiger specific thread, and m@tdragons suggestion that someone start a thread here in show off, I thought why not give it a go.

Thanks Scalawag...is this how it works? you make a thread and if it gets enough response then it gets permanent status?
Ok... that works.... but this is not exactly what I had in mind.... thought the thread could be more diverse....and not only include Show off tanks... but perhaps the build that went into the Show off result...credit going to the person building ...not the author of the thread...which in this case is you lol

ALPHA
Hi ALPHA,

Just thought I would go with what the mods had suggested to you as a possible way forward instead of arguing further about it.

As to credit for the thread I really could not care less who has started the thread, each post is a credit or otherwise to its author.

Anyone can use the thread as they like, whether that is posting a link to their build thread, or a day trip out to Tiger day, or a new bit of info that we might all find interesting and helpful.

Now lets get on with what the thread is really about, Its all about the Tiger I :thumbup:
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

scalawag wrote:
ALPHA wrote:

ALPHA
Hi ALPHA,

Just thought I would go with what the mods had suggested to you as a possible way forward instead of arguing further about it.

As to credit for the thread I really could not care less who has started the thread, each post is a credit or otherwise to its author.

Anyone can use the thread as they like, whether that is posting a link to their build thread, or a day trip out to Tiger day, or a new bit of info that we might all find interesting and helpful.

Now lets get on with what the thread is really about, Its all about the Tiger I :thumbup:
I agree... Still... it would be nice if it were a category instead of just a thread...Anyway...revamping my Tiger... so it might be here soon ;)

ALPHA
Marc780
Corporal

Re: The Tiger thread

Post by Marc780 »

Steel tracks, steel gears and 2.4 Ghz radio. Shows the plastic tracks actually but so, I think i am about done with it. Nothing more to add!

By the way I just realized you peel off the plastic around the turret numbers so only the numbers show...better late then never... ;D
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Woz »

My first tank, still going strong

Playing in the snow

ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Woz... Someone's been scraping all your Zimm off :haha: :haha: ...great looking Tiger :D

ALPHA

Return to “Show Off”