KUROMORIMIRO Panther G

Here is where you can show off your finished tanks and military vehicles, post pics and info on your arsenal!
Forum rules
If you're planning on posting a log of your build please use the relevant build sections.
ALPHA
Major-General

KUROMORIMIRO Panther G

Post by ALPHA »

This slightly tweeked Heng Long Panther G...Joins my KUROMORIMIRO fleet

I thought the detail on the rear bulkhead was nice on the Heng Long.... much better than the Tamiya pieces I had.... didn't change a thing here
the tow hitch was especially beefier...and included a nice metal detail ...the crank handle...also found the jack was much better detailed as well...just a little dry brush to bring those out worked out fine :D
The fabricated convoy light cost nothing but time...used old TX antenna section for it...and thanks to Scalawag's post showing more detailed lights ... slid some blue lenses into the housing ....thanks Scalawag :thumbup:
The Tamiya cable cutters were nicer..but I stuck with the Heng Long... also the Shovel...but I stuck with the stock one and just reshaped it a little
The Tamiya Axe looked weak lol... so I also stuck with the stock Heng Long... filing and reshaping it a little ;)
The Tamiya spare track carrage and links... much better than the Heng Long detail wise..... but the Heng Long being a RTR tank and not really a "model"... their spares are by far more durable ;)

My very first Tank Commander ... she was fit into my second salvaged Tank... the Pantiger...in the anime..the Panther commanders were never shown...thus at the time this figure fit the need ... Waving her arms ( Titanic "movie" style) she proudly takes her Panther into the battle zone :D

Interestingly enough... as the light changes ....so does the color... (this coincides with the color changes in the anime ) ;)

HAPPY TANKING GENTS Image

ALPHA

PS. Build thread http://www.rctankwarfare.co.uk/forums/v ... 22&t=13252
Last edited by ALPHA on Thu Jul 24, 2014 9:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: KUROMORIMIRO Panther G

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Built in color modulation on the paint. ;o) Did you order your Archer dry transfers for the fire extinguisher? It is one very clean Panther G. Thumbs up!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Built in color modulation on the paint. ;o) Did you order your Archer dry transfers for the fire extinguisher? It is one very clean Panther G. Thumbs up!
regards,
Painless
Hey Painless... Yes I did... but since this is a "quickie" ... and they didn't arrive yet... I just figured it's better to just post the pictures without them :haha: :haha:

ALPHA
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Fantastic Job Alpha :thumbup:
I like your details and the fact you do girls und Panzer instead of the normal
and the commander is so cool!
Great work as always :thumbup:
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

VERY NICE COMMANDER. Like the panther too. :D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Markocaster wrote:Fantastic Job Alpha :thumbup:
I like your details and the fact you do girls und Panzer instead of the normal
and the commander is so cool!
Great work as always :thumbup:
Hey Marc...She looks a little chunky for a reason.... her chest moves ;) ...........it's spring loaded...so bounces when the tank rolls along :haha: :haha: :haha:
Wish I could get more of those lol... :D

Thanks for the kind words :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:VERY NICE COMMANDER. Like the panther too. :D
:haha: :haha: :haha: Not quite your scale eh John :haha: ...How's that PanzerIV coming along? :D

I still like what you did on your Panzer III... even though it's dirty :haha:
that one deserves a commander .... especially since the anime showed quite a bit of her ;)

Thanks for the semi kind words ;) .......... :haha:

ALPHA
Johnf
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Post by Johnf »

I would love to put a commander in there but do not have your figure making skills. I know it's a bit clean. Just trying to practice some weathering. I have a 1/16 tiger awaiting a new paint job also. Might do another Kuromorimiro. Both tanks have elmod fitted. I have been away on holiday since end of June so no work on tanks. Looking forward to getting back now.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Johnf wrote:I would love to put a commander in there but do not have your figure making skills. I know it's a bit clean. Just trying to practice some weathering. I have a 1/16 tiger awaiting a new paint job also. Might do another Kuromorimiro. Both tanks have elmod fitted. I have been away on holiday since end of June so no work on tanks. Looking forward to getting back now.
CLEAN????????????? 8O ..............actually weathering wise... I think it's perfect... about the level I would ever approach a GUP paint job...actually making making me think of doing my Panther in the same manner.... I had to execute a little bit of discipline though...as I do know they refurbish their tanks after every battle...The Tiger would be a nice addition to your KUROMORIMIRO stable John....the markings are easily made...and she was a Big Player in the Anime ;) ...Though I would enjoy seeing one of your 1/6th versions rumble onto any field in GUP garb

Happy Tanking Sir :thumbup:

ALPHA

Return to “Show Off”