Porsche King Tiger (Waltersons)

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.
Saxondog
Captain

Re: Porsche King Tiger (Waltersons)

Post by Saxondog »

Apology accepted, Now the delay is the decals, I also ordered a new bonding agent/chemical to use on the decals.

Once that is done I will spray the last coat of KLEAR/MATTE and start the reassembly process,adding the gun and some other detailed parts,I also have started the detailing of the rear plate and in these picture the gray on the exhaust pipes is a flat Gull enamel Gray,it will be soft when I sand it and start applying the Pastel dusts to give it the heated metal look of my earlier builds.

This time I AM doing things a little different so we shall see? Considering a blue light,as well.
Rear Hull Plate details
Rear Hull Plate details
Porsche King Tiger Project III 004.JPG
The same method used on my Jagdpanther
The same method used on my Jagdpanther
Urban dictionary-SAXONDOG-derogatory term for anglosaxon people
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

looking good Sax..

Finished Yet!!!! ;)

Keep up the good work.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

No my friend but getting close,might have a surprise as well.Another unique feature. Damn weather is terrible here 68deg yesterday and raining,today 48deg and cold winds.

My little shop has no heat,well very little.I crank my Turbo bike,get it warm and it generates some heat. Seriously though,I am completing two at one time,my Tamiya Henschel is also awaiting some finale details to complete it.

Then possibly this post could be helpful to others,it is a straight forward way to paint,as simple has I could outline for new painters.Of course if it were complicated I COULD NOT DO IT!

The one thing I have learned is time,take the time to allow each stage to dry,and to be what you want,the purpose of sealing each step is not mandatory,but if you screw up on one stage it is easy to correct without damage to the prior stage. :O :O :problem:
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Looking Mate cant wait to see it finished.
Ken
littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Post by littletankman »

Excelent work Sax , cant wait to see this beauty finished.

Andy
caddyshack
Sergeant

Post by caddyshack »

The one thing I have learned is time,take the time to allow each stage to dry,and to be what you want,the purpose of sealing each step is not mandatory,but if you screw up on one stage it is easy to correct without damage to the prior stage. :O :O :problem:
Remeber the tortues and the hare race..and who came out on top..slowly does it wins the day mate.
Keep up the good work.
Man will occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of the time he will pick himself up and continue on.

~~~Winston Churchill~~~
Saxondog
Captain

Post by Saxondog »

I have been waiting for the new Waltersons Gear Box with interchangeable pinions and the splined shaft motors now for months. The gearbox arrived about a month back but minus the pinions or the hardware to mount the new plate to the hull,or the motors to the frames.

It has been a headache,bigtime. So for now and to make some progress I have reinstalled the original gearboxes,and built the tank up to the point of installing the electronics and the gun system.

Here are a few resent photos of this long term project,as for the Waltersons Gear box they seem well built,and the splined motor shafts will certainly prevent any pinion slippage but without the pinions their impossible to use.

This has been a very long build,but the paintwork has been done to the best possible level,the internal and external parts being primed,the lower hull is primed and painted base XF60m.The track guards are painted top and bottom,the wheels are each painted and primered on the back side.

Well here are a few shots,the wheels and the overall paintwork is uniformed,and I am sure this is going to be a fine looking Porsche when completed with the Decals and Hull equipment installed.The Tracks are weathered as well.
Waltersons Multiple ratio gearbox
Waltersons Multiple ratio gearbox
Waltersons 380 motors with splined shafts
Waltersons 380 motors with splined shafts
Waltersons Gearbox
Waltersons Gearbox
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger rear view
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger Commanders side view
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger Commanders side view
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger with transmitter
Waltersons Porsche King Tiger with transmitter
Reaper332
Corporal

Post by Reaper332 »

Looks great mate................... :thumbup:
FreakyDude
Corporal

Post by FreakyDude »

looks like the Walterson gear box is still using brass shafts. Are they a better quality than the Mato series II gears?

Awesome job on the paint job too.
A Joke is a very serious thing
Winston Churchill
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Post by Shane Wolfe »

Fantastic camo scheme, I am very envious!
The entire British Empire was built on cups of tea ... and if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.

Return to “Other Builds”