• Advertisement
Field of Armor Tanks

E 79 / Panther 3

This section is for builds that are not strictly Tamiya or Heng Long. For instance, replacing the electronics from a WSN or Matorro, or even a scratch-build.

Postby nachtjager » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:09 pm

Do not know where it should go, Tamiya, modern..................just made up? The now famous/ hated paper panzer for the computer game............This is a joint build, two will be made over the next year. They will be battle tanks, so it will not heavy............
Take one KT chassis....................dmd wheels, hennetec tention system..........
Speedy gear boxs, its going to be fast and shorter then the Panther D

nachtjager
Recruit

Advertisement

Postby nachtjager » Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:13 pm

You can see how short it will be, We will be using HengLong plastic tracks modified for grass and plastic sprockets, cheaper to damage sprockets than gear boxs, also there is a lot of weight in the Tamiya KT sprocket and I think they are not as well molded as the HengLong version.....will up date.......

nachtjager
Recruit

Postby tankman » Wed Oct 09, 2013 3:14 pm

Now this I will enjoy. Lot's of pictures please
Alan
tankman
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

Postby mcevoyi » Thu Oct 10, 2013 2:57 pm

Hi there

Looks good so far ...but all the drawings and ' models' i've ever seen have been based on a panther chassis .with panther tracks ..and not king tiger ...?

As as far as i know the e-79 was a Japanese manga ....concept..from the mid 1990's from a tv series that was dropped as being to ..political ! ...

There are several resin kits that have been produced for the e-79 in japan
And no two kits are the same....but ..for my two pence worth ...i go down the e-25 route ...and that was where the concept was developed from ...

And good luck with the joint build ..nig and martin ....

mcevoyi
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Postby Red Devils » Thu Oct 10, 2013 6:40 pm

Interesting build, can't wait to see this one complete...

Derek
Red Devils
Staff Sergeant

Postby nachtjager » Thu Oct 10, 2013 8:22 pm

Hi lads, there is two versions......chose the kt version to keep costs down. The original kit and game tank are a short panther.......this version , one i will build is being used alot in world of tanks game, sporting 128mm gun. This is a bit of fun, also a test to see how good the computer lads are at drawing a working tank. It will battle well on our surfaces.......if you google e79 tank in images you will see the version we will be doing, dynamicly it will work, i have had to make changes already because who ever did the drawings has no real tank experience.....

nachtjager
Recruit

Return to Other Builds