Pantiger re-build / correction into a Ausf . A

littletankman
Warrant Officer 1st Class

Pantiger re-build / correction into a Ausf . A

Post by littletankman »

Hi like many on here I have the heavily incorrect Heng Long Pantiger . I was going to follow Gras idea but with the newer Heng long Panther coming out . I have decided just to tart it up on the cheep and leave it as a battle field wreck . Its just for battles . I'm not aiming at a 100% accurate Panther as I'm not cutting it up I have to many other projects on the go .
            I started by removing all the electronics , sound , smoke metal gears etc. Ive also removed the metal tracks to and replaced them with the original stock plastic HL ones . With a little touch up. The HL Pantiger seems to be a mixture of versions with the Ausf. G sides Ausf. D / A engine deck etc . I did originally try to make mine an early Ausf.G but I'm re working it as an Ausf.A Normandy casualty . 
            The first picture shows the HL stock tracks . One side as standard the other painted.

The second picture shows the painted tracks , the improved dished wheels , even though they are still the Tiger set up  :-\ those bolt heads took forever . The liquid running down is ment to represent lubricant leaking . The dishes need weathering . This will be done later.

NOTE : Have cut it up now  ::) And plan on making this as much like a Panther as is possible  :-\

Littletankman
Last edited by littletankman on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
littletankman

Re: Pantiger wreck (on the cheep ?)

Post by littletankman »

Hi not done much just plod along with this . As soon as I can I want to get back to my Tigers and Pz.IV . All Ive done is try to add a little mud to the track grips . Not sure if it was a success or not ?

Littletankman
HL: Tiger I sSS101 2nd Kompanie (212), HL: PzIII/Stug , Tam: sherman(fo) ,Tam: Sherman (vintage) ,Tam: Kingtiger(fo) ,Tam: Kingtiger (vintage,upgraded) , 21st Cent Sdkfz 251 (static at the mo ) / Son HL panther(altered) ,Son HL Tiger1 sSS101 1st Kompanie , HL Pz.IV , daughter HL Tiger1 sSS101 hopefu
[ICE]monkey
2nd Lieutenant

Post by [ICE]monkey »

looks good to me  :) , the dished wheels do look better
regards, ice
on second thoughts lets not go to Camelot ,it is a silly place
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Ice,
Thanks it seems ok . I know the wheels are incorect still . It looks ok untill you put the top on then you can see its to wide :-\

Thanks Andy
Mad Fox
Corporal

Post by Mad Fox »

looks well m8, like the wheels and the lube leak.  :)
1 H/L Tiger in lots of bits being sorted

"A Tiger gives you a VERY nice Edge"
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Mad Fox . Thanks for the coments . I wondered who would pick up on the lube leak first well done  ;D

Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Spent a little time today , lengthening the barrel . This is just at an early stage there is lots to do yet. I have also changed the wheel configuration to resemble the Panther rather than the Tiger . It took me and Chunk half an hour to do this but nearly half a day thinking about it  ;D. I have also added mud to the track links . Next job drilling 10.000 holes in the tracks .  :-\ All the wheels on this Panther are the stock Heng Long ones just alterd and dishes and bolts added .

Littletankman
Last edited by littletankman on Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
grim_marmazet
Staff Sergeant

Post by grim_marmazet »

Its looking fantastic Andy! Cant wait to see it all battle scarred. Maybe you could fit a smoke unit and small battery in there to add to the effect?
Cheers,
Rik
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

Hi Rik thanks for your comments . Smoke unit  ;D I thought the same mate .

Andy
littletankman

Post by littletankman »

OK Ive gone for it  ::) and chopped the upper body up into a jigsaw . I cant take the credit for this as I'm basing it on Gras ideas .

Littletankman

Return to “Panther”