Heng Long Tiger Late.

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Heng Long Tiger Late.

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Hi All,

Thought I would put up some pics of my tiger, been building this forever, job keeps getting in the way! I have everything nearly ready for painting and weathering, have the tools painted, got the jack to fit with fixings I have knocked up. C hooks and spare track links to go on as well. Hand done Zimmerit and got the recoil unit working.

Painting and weathering I am definitely not an expert at, hardly used my airbrush before, will have to get a bit of practice in first and probably read every thread on the board first! Advice and tips are definitely welcome for this part!! :thumbup:

Anyway some pics of the tiger.

Thanks

Dave
latest1.jpg
Latest2.jpg
latest3.jpg
latest4.jpg
latest5.jpg
latest6.jpg
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Heng Long Tiger Late.

Post by PainlessWolf »

Dave,
Definitely understand the not enough time to work on em' issue. Your Tiger really shows tho' that you have put the time you did have to really good use.
Looking forward to more pictures.
regards,
Painless
Last edited by PainlessWolf on Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Nice Job Gil..... I see many aftermarket bits...so yeah I understand the time and effort ...like the hand done Zimm... it's becoming a rare thing to see :D
No critiques ... she looks clean ...maybe after the paint goes on ;)

ALPHA
spongehoobtank82
Sergeant

Post by spongehoobtank82 »

looking good dude, how did you do the MG in the glacis? thinking of doing mine next do it move, does this?
Sponghoobtank82-panzerIII, panther V, tiger VI early and late and another early tiger,leopard 2a6, panzer IV F2,challenger 2
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

spongehoobtank82 wrote:looking good dude, how did you do the MG in the glacis? thinking of doing mine next do it move, does this?
Here's one that does... by HerrFritz
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0OUodKI ... e=youtu.be
He has a bunch of thread regarding the build... just use the advanced Search in the upper right hand corner... and type in his name :D

ALPHA
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

thanks everyone, will get some more pics up when i have doen some more. the MG mount doesnt move, this is the piece that i used

http://www.rctank.de/METAL-bulletproof- ... Gs-Oblique

combine it with one of the mg's, was pretty quick and easy. Zimm was good fun to do and v satisfying.

Going to do lots of practice with the airbrush before putting paint on!

Cheers

Dave
Markocaster
Staff Sergeant

Post by Markocaster »

Nice work :thumbup:
HL /Mato tiger 1 early, Tamiya Tiger 1 early, Taigen tiger 1 mid
Taigen T34/85, HL SU-100
Jagdpanzer Lang
Taiga Jagdpanther
Heng Long Sherman DGS Firefly kit
Tamiya King Tiger (unbuilt)
Mato all metal Panzer III
1/10 Jagdpanther
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

Can see this ones going to be a cracker :thumbup:
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
Gillaspy2005
Lance Corporal

Post by Gillaspy2005 »

Hi all, I have moved on a bit with this, got the primer and the base coat of camo the dunkelgelb on, used tamiya xf-60 for this. Have painted the tools and just finishing the tow cables, will put some pics up of them asap. Bit of help before the next stage though would be appreciated.

I want to put a wash onto the wheels before I do the tank body so as to get some practice and also start the weathering. Have never done washes before! Hadn't done airbrushing either and I feel comfortable (ish!) with that now. So a total noddy question, in order to get the wash to run right I need to varnish the wheels first? I have been adding some tamiya clear x-22 to the xf-60 to give it a bit more life. Can I use the clear to varnish the wheels and make the wash run right? I am going to use a 10% burnt umber wash afterwards. Any advice and help is appreciated, thanks.
Merlin707
Corporal

Post by Merlin707 »

Hi Gillaspy I've never used varnish first before applying a wash. Just build it up each time until you get a shade that you like, try angling the wheels different so each one has a different look.
Razor 1, Intercept Bogies Angels 2 5, Cleared Hot Engage, Fox 2 Fox 2

Semper In Faecibus Sumus Sole Profundum Variat

HL/Tamiya Sherman - Bulldog Turreted
Taigen Tiki Tiger 1
Torro KingTiger
E-25 Tank Destroyer

Return to “Heng Long Builds”