M4 Something.

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
Woz
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

M4 Something.

Post by Woz »

I've been working on a three piece transmission cover for the HL Sherman.

I wanted to do something that looks good but requires minimal reworking to the HL hull to get it on. This is the first version which fits with just a bit of trimming to the hull and gearboxes . Now I just need to figure out what to do with the mounting bolts (that are the wrong way round on the HL ).

I modeled a more accurate one but that would need major reworking of the HL hull and the gearboxes.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: M4 Something.

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon Woz,
Going to work anything up for the Mato Sherman? That slightly protruding gearbox cover has been an issue since it's first arrivals. A thinned down version of the current cover that bolts right on would be a hugely desired item.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
Woz

Post by Woz »

I may do a three piece to fit the Mato Sherman. I found the Mato cover to be quite an easy fix with a bit of chopping and some glue.

PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Woz,
But so much easier for those of us who could ( and have ) to just bolt on a shiny new piece with no cutting, gluing or filling or sanding. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Woz wrote:I've been working on a three piece transmission cover for the HL Sherman.

I wanted to do something that looks good but requires minimal reworking to the HL hull to get it on. This is the first version which fits with just a bit of trimming to the hull and gearboxes . Now I just need to figure out what to do with the mounting bolts (that are the wrong way round on the HL ).

I modeled a more accurate one but that would need major reworking of the HL hull and the gearboxes.
Woz ... You wizard you :haha: ....as soon as that is perfected...it's on the list :haha: :haha: :haha:

You don't know how handy that will be...especially with the new line of metal Shermans coming up :D

ALPHA
971wright
2nd Lieutenant

Post by 971wright »

Hi Good work there Woz, it is whats needed . Also how about a new front small hatch version ,one for the Mato cast hull and one for the Heng Long (Tamiya)hull.

regards pete
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey Woz.... is there no way to copy this one...it fit perfectly on the Heng Long after trimming the gearbox cages

ALPHA
Woz

Post by Woz »

I could but I don't want to just copy somebody elses work.

Also it looks like it stick out a bit too much at the front. The side bulges shouldn't stick out past the tracks-
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

You actually had me go look Woz .......... :haha: :haha: :haha: ...funny they don't seem to stick out like in those pictures....think that must have been the preliminary fitting... then I sanded them down a little... but hey... I'll go with yours...put me down for three when you get the pattern down :D

ALPHA
Woz

Post by Woz »

Three piece cover MKII (in seven pieces)

The upper hull slots into the top of the cover

Making sure they all fit

Another test fit after gluing the curved parts to the middle section of the cover

All glued together

The bottom hangs down a bit as it's just slotted into place and hasn't been screwed on. Just needs some bolts now.

Return to “Heng Long Builds”