Another QUICKIE..that's not so QUICK

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

Another QUICKIE..that's not so QUICK

Post by ALPHA »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLDyBXOoMR4
PANZER VOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ImageImage

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Fri Jul 18, 2014 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: Another QUICKIE

Post by ALPHA »

What a beauty... Had too much to think about...needed to thin the backlog ...so bumping the L70... for something requiring less effort
KUROMORIMIRO... Panther G...going to be a big improvement over the Pantiger TiPanther whichever lol
Got this one last Nov Black Friday sale... Basic model IR... decided to add the metal tracks sprockets and idler...
Took her for a test run... six inch grass ...no problem

What I found interesting is ..... the Sprockets were more Heng Long..and though bought from the same vendor... was different from the set installed on the Jagd 8O
No matter.. tracks were the same... and she plows ;)

Also moved the antenna... Sorry .... no unboxing on this one :{

ALPHA
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

Mmmmmmm. Sexy Panther.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
The new Panthers are great! and have fixed everything we were bemoaning about on the Pan-Tiger when it first came out. Odd about the sprockets but who knows, maybe an older batch? As you noted, as long as they work, no big deal. Fix the HL frogeye and add some vent screens and per the Show, it should be ready for paint. Congrats again on the new tank!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Lert wrote:Mmmmmmm. Sexy Panther.
If you are able to .... definitely get one of these when the opportunity arises Lert.... I think I like it better than the Jagd :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
The new Panthers are great! and have fixed everything we were bemoaning about on the Pan-Tiger when it first came out. Odd about the sprockets but who knows, maybe an older batch? As you noted, as long as they work, no big deal. Fix the HL frogeye and add some vent screens and per the Show, it should be ready for paint. Congrats again on the new tank!
regards,
Painless
Yeah the idlers and sprockets were way different from my other set... it's cool though... It's kind of nice that they don't match.... the weird thing about the idlers were you had to press the brass bushing into place yourself 8O

FROGEYE???? You referring to the light? ... this one is nice...the LED doesn't stick out..so covering it with a black out cover should be easy :D ...several little things to do...but all in all ...I think it will go pretty fast....what is even better... now that I got into this one..my mind seems to have cleared a little and a solution for the KT popped up...will tell you about it later ;) ....But I think you might guess what I have in mind :D

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

When it comes to your projects Mr Alpha, "should know what I have in mind" is like when your wife says "if you really loved me, you wouldnt need to be told" :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Did that thing come as is mate ?- out of the box apart from the tracks & idlers ?
The only ones Ive seen are all 'woodland' camo painted ....................
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:When it comes to your projects Mr Alpha, "should know what I have in mind" is like when your wife says "if you really loved me, you wouldnt need to be told" :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
Maybe a hint....Image................ :haha:
Did that thing come as is mate ?- out of the box apart from the tracks & idlers ?
The only ones Ive seen are all 'woodland' camo painted ....................
That's how she came.... I could have chose her with the metal tracks...then.. but my Jagd ran well with the plastic... so I just went that route...as it came with metal gearboxes ....figured if the time did come where I wanted to change to metal...the option was always there ;) Next time I know better lol

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Almost ready for Paint...this tank is pretty sweet.... even with a book on hand...there really isn't too much to add on

Happy Tanking GentsImage

ALPHA
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

let me guess... it's gonna be desert camo with a chick in the turret ?

Return to “Heng Long Builds”