KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanzer IV L70 (V)

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

KUROMORIMIRO JagdPanzer IV L70 (V)

Post by ALPHA »

Ok said I wasn't going to do it.... but having a hull go to waste ...even in the sad shape it was in ... was too much for me to handle.... so I did some calculations... ;)
The first order of business was to restore the chassis... It isn't completed yet...but I got all the holes filled...guide wheels in place... moved the little hatch on the hull ...aligned all the road wheels and fixed the shabby patching job done previously ...She's beginning to look like a sound chassis again

Pictures
put a broken smoker in her... just to see how much it helped with the flex..as you can see the previous owner chopped out all the braces when cutting out the battery box..so basically there is nothing to make the chassis rigid... flexes at the slightest twist...also when testing the suspension
that's the next thing on the docket along with making new seats for the gearboxes

Bottom shot shows all the holes I had to fill

relocated everything...bogies ..guide wheels etc... differential covers need to be worked on

Also carved off the shackle brackets :D

That's it for now

Happy TankingImage
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bIozbuO20Ws

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Re: JagdPanzer IV KUROMORIMIRO

Post by ALPHA »

Darn... forgot this

Have a good one Gents

Happy TankingImage

ALPHA
HERMAN BIX
Brigadier

Post by HERMAN BIX »

What did you use for the front roadwheels Mr Alpha ?
The 'filled in solid ones as replaced on the real machines to cope with the overhang of the barrel' - ones !!
HL JAGDPANTHER,HL TIGER 1,HL PzIII MUNITIONSCHLEPPER, HL KT OCTOPUS,HL PANTHER ZU-FUSS,HL STuG III,HL T34/85 BEDSPRING,
HL PZIV MALTA,MATORRO JAGDTIGER,HL F05 TIGER,TAMIYA KT,HL PANTHERDOZER,HL EARLY PANTHER G,TAIGEN/RAMINATOR T34/76,
HL AN-BRI-RAM SU-85
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HERMAN BIX wrote:What did you use for the front roadwheels Mr Alpha ?
The 'filled in solid ones as replaced on the real machines to cope with the overhang of the barrel' - ones !!
Yeah something I recently learned Herman...found out on the later versions of the JagdPanzers they put "Soviet" style solid wheels with internal rubber buffers think these are asiatam... came with the hull...needed a little sorting as they didn't quite line up....maybe I should have took some "before" pictures lol...anyway I just finished fabricating new exhausts out of brass tube...after installing those... the gearboxes need to be mounted.. chassis reinforced...front glacis plate....then the build can really start :haha:

Cheers Mate Image

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Not to worry gentlemen.... I have been working on this model... seems taking out all the flaws and distortions are a major concern... did relieve a lot of the flex in the hull... the rest should be taken up once the upper hull is joined to the body...I was able to secure a busted junk Panzer IV upper hull... it was really bad... having some conversion work done to it... it was sagging badly in the center amongst other problems... anyway...cut all the bad stuff off... and now getting her straightened out...Pictures will come soon enough... I need to get a little more work done to solidify the upper hull before any more work can be done to actually build the tank

The good news is now she is sturdy...and is starting to look like a tank again..the tracks are on and straight... gearboxes and motors are in ... and at the moment ..I am pretty happy with how things are goingImage

HAPPY TANKINGImage

UND PANZER VOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Image

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Alpha,
Pictures? *chuckles*
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Gday Painless.... Problem with photos at this point is... I didn't take any before pictures...so all you get to see is the straightened hulls... newly reinforced ...so my plan is to start taking photos after I do the glacis plate :D

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Pictures...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdLgydYTrWA

The daily view I must tolerate every waking moment :D

PANZER VOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Image

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Now other pictures :haha: :haha: :haha:
restoration and reinforcement done
building started... by god it's kind of fun :D

Happy TankingImage

UND PANZER VOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Image

ALPHA
Last edited by ALPHA on Wed Jun 18, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lert
Sergeant

Post by Lert »

That's some nice work right there. Lots of potential there.
JagdPanther / Leopard 2A6 / StuG Ausf. G / KV-2 / M4A3A4 / MTLB / 2.5 ton truck 6x6

Return to “Heng Long Builds”