Another SAUNDERS SHERMAN

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
ALPHA
Major-General

Another SAUNDERS SHERMAN

Post by ALPHA »

As my hand slowly heals.... been gathering some info for my next attempt at a Sherman build... It will be a merging of a Mato and Heng Long
I will be revamping my 1st Sherman
combine it with a Mato upper to create this version of the illustrious tank

Not too bad.... it is obvious there are a few details to be sorted out...but all in all a satisfying build :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: Another SAUNDERS SHERMAN

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Sweet idea for another Sherman. It looks almost identical to the MATO M4A1 so when you say merge, are you going to put a HL lower on a MATO upper or just switch the gearboxes and electricals? Never mind, I read your post more carefully. Great idea!
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Sweet idea for another Sherman. It looks almost identical to the MATO M4A1 so when you say merge, are you going to put a HL lower on a MATO upper or just switch the gearboxes and electricals? Never mind, I read your post more carefully. Great idea!
regards,
Painless
:haha: Yes ... I definitely am going with the HL lower... It's just better engineered IMO....not to knock the Mato... but when Mike let me run his for awhile...the appeal of modding a Mato faded...even with it's 2.4 gig gear as a standard... the tank operated shall I say.. awkwardly ...suffice to say...the HL with it's faults is a much friendlier platform to work with ;)

ALPHA

PS .. Thank you for the Hatch my friend :D
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

By the way Painless... this version of the Sherman is the only one like it used in the anime...the only visual difference with the Mato are the skirts...I think I will pull those off a Pershing to facilitate the build :D

ALPHA
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha,
Another great idea! Fly out here to CO. and carefully trim the skirts off of my Pershing and there you go. They are all yours. *chuckles* Seriously tho', that is a great idea. Pershings look much better without their Sand Skirts and if it benefits your Sherman build, it is a win all the way around. ;o) You are very welcome, my Friend.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha,
Another great idea! Fly out here to CO. and carefully trim the skirts off of my Pershing and there you go. They are all yours. *chuckles* Seriously tho', that is a great idea. Pershings look much better without their Sand Skirts and if it benefits your Sherman build, it is a win all the way around. ;o) You are very welcome, my Friend.
regards,
Painless
I still have two Pershing hulls to work with.. but thanks for the offer lol...Or I can trim the skirts off my pink tank ;) ...still working out the build details... hopefully it doesn't turn out as complex as my last two

Thanks again for everything Painless

ALPHA
sassgrunt
Sergeant

Post by sassgrunt »

Hey Alpha - you can have the stock ones that I removed when I did the conversion to the Super Pershing. It'll save you having to fly out to Colorado and trim off Painless' ones. -Mike
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Alpha, Mike,
No need to go to extremes on my behalf. *chuckles*
Regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

sassgrunt wrote:Hey Alpha - you can have the stock ones that I removed when I did the conversion to the Super Pershing. It'll save you having to fly out to Colorado and trim off Painless' ones. -Mike
PainlessWolf wrote:Alpha, Mike,
No need to go to extremes on my behalf. *chuckles*
Regards,
Painless

:haha: :haha: :haha: :haha: Too much fun guys :haha: :haha: :haha:

Though I hope you both realize... by offering... just in case ...
Have saw ...will travel :D

Not to worry Painless... I'll be gentle ;)

ALPHA
TKcommander
Corporal

Post by TKcommander »

Greetings ALPHA.
I shall watch with anticipation how you get on with the skirts with this one. I should put them on my M4(105)! But I doubt I will have the confidence to push the rebuild that far ....
I have no doubt you will do a wonderful job, that will make me so jealous that I may just have to fly out and kidnap all your "girls".
You have been WARNED! :haha:

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:
TKcommander ~ Andy
"I'm a BAD LAD!"

Return to “Heng Long Builds”