IDF Sherman M50

This section is to 'show and tell' about any customizing or re-modeling you have done (or are doing) to a Heng Long tank.
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Heng Long tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
trackmech81
Lance Corporal

Re: IDF Sherman M50

Post by trackmech81 »

Were the bogies spares you had or did you order from some place? I am looking to build a M51, but really don't want to order a whole Tamiya kit just for the lower hull. Can't wait to see you finished build.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Morning, Frynsdad,
It's almost scary how well the Pershing sprockets and tracks match up with the Tamiya HVSS bogies. Did you have to do any adjustment or shimming? Another great Sherman build is off to a start. ;o)
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Hi I'm just up the road from you at grantham. I just started a build of an IDF M50 based AVR Trailbrazer. Again like you I'm using a Mato lower and attempting to scratch built the HVSS bogies (unless I can find a cheap tamiya set) with the M26 pershing tracks and sprockets I.ve done a mock up in wood and they seem to line up okay. but I'm intrested in how well yours ran in case there's any thing I need to look at. I already forsee I'm going to have to be creative in order to get the front and back dozer blades to work and the crane might be a step to far but we'll see. I'm taking pictures so I'll post it when she's done
Denzil.
opp's you said get off the road
hawkeye3guns
Corporal

Post by hawkeye3guns »

Thank you for that information at least thats one less puzzle to sort out .
Denzil
opp's you said get off the road
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

I just love the fact how you guys over in the UK, just happen to have a spare set of this and that lying around. ;D

The community you have over there is great. I love seeing all of the pieces from one kit being bashed with another to come up with something functional and unique.
palepainter
Sergeant

Post by palepainter »

More barrel...more barrel. Looking great. Giving me some motivation to get a Sherman.
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Frynsdad,
Looking great! Your builds are full of useful knowledge and how to's. Pale, I agree, you really need a Sherman!
regards,
Painless!
...Here for the Dawn...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE! :O ....How did this build get by 8O ....dang fynsdad... that was mighty sneaky of you to start a new build without me tagging along :haha:

now about that barrel... HOLY MOLY GUACAMOLE! :O

What else can I say fynsdad... I always enjoy watching one of your builds come to life :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

Hey fynsdad ... you know... I think you're right on the money with the barrel length...I thought it was a little long in your first picture ... but you're once again correct.. once that mantlet gets some work ....it's there...(just going by visual comparision)

I hope Canned tunes into this build... that photo you have looks almost like the weathering he did on his IDF :D

I know this one is going to be a real looker... especially after you adorn her with one of your signature pin ups :thumbup:

ALPHA
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

fynsdad wrote:got the turret bustle filled and sanded and made a start on the mantlet 8) 8) 8)
I'm simply amazed at the speed in which you do your builds fynsdad... trully ... you have the hands of a master craftsman..... the other thing that amazes me... is how you get new pictures and posts in without anyone seeing :haha:

I didn't know there was a master class of RC Tankery that included classes in ninjitsu :O

;) ................... :haha:
ALPHA

Return to “Heng Long Builds”