Heng long 1:30 sherman re-vamp

Post all your Smaller Scale RC Tanks, Half Tracks and Vehicles, including build threads here. From below 1/18 to way down as far as you can go, H.O. 1/87th scale or less. Even your Smaller Scale figures are welcome here.
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Heng long 1:30 sherman re-vamp

Post by sean Half-pint works »

OK guys this is my first RC tank, but its a SHERMAN (couldn't find a Churchill though :( )

Anywho long to the short is she is a 1:30 scale (a lot cheaper than the 1:16's, just in case I didn't take to tanking!) so she is about 22CM end to end (don't ask what that is in inches as i havent got the tape out yet!)

So as you can see, she is very plain and boring, I am debating weather to go down the black and green, or desert colours (britsh 8th army armored division), hmmmm...

She goes well, but I am not fond of the sound system, nor the gun light, but I think I shall use her as a stepping stone, do my thing with the finish, and sell her to help fund a 1:16!

I had a play with her earlier, and she was happilly scaling a plile of hardcore, and although she struggled with a steep piece of brick! I will post some photos of heron the hardcore another time!

One point, does anyone know what other camo colours would have been used on the Sherman M4A3??

Sean
jarndice
Colonel

Re: Heng long 1:30 sherman re-vamp

Post by jarndice »

Sean, If you want information on the Sherman M4 I would suggest you go to the Referance Websites section, go to subpage 3 and you will get a lead to American Fighting Vehicle Database. there is everything you could want including Camo Patterns.I would recommend using a printer because their is a lot of stuff to take in. Enjoy. shaun
I think I am about to upset someone :haha:
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Many thanks for the heads up on that Shaun, I had a look see, plus on the camo section of this forum, and chasing up a hinted piece of information, and a little further digging led me to my choice, lets see who can guess it! No it is not the obvious 1944/1945 snow camo either!

Please excuse the paint coverage, its its first coat, and I am building up a careworn texture using cotton buds, it took a good hour to do this layer, and probably another 2 or 3 coats to get the finish I have in mind... anywho photos!

Ok, thoughts people?
lister fiend
Sergeant

Post by lister fiend »

there's a nasty flock of seagulls about! 8O
to be honest, my painting skills are whats shit :haha:
it looks a bit glossy, is it the flash on the camera?
and a bit too heavy.
apart from that it's alright :thumbup:
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

operation torch ?
MichaelC
2nd Lieutenant

Post by MichaelC »

For inspiration......
Sherman.jpg
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

lister fiend wrote:there's a nasty flock of seagulls about! 8O
to be honest, my painting skills are whats shit :haha:
it looks a bit glossy, is it the flash on the camera?
and a bit too heavy.
apart from that it's alright :thumbup:
HAHAHA I think its Pigeons rather than gulls here! and they can't be that bad! :haha:

I think the glossyness is wet paint an a very potent flash on my camera!

How do you mean a little heavy please, Im having a slow moment!

Doc Larsson, rightish period, but wrong part of the world for what i have in mind :thumbup:

MichaelC I love that image, indeed it has given me some inspiration for the tracks especailly!
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

Righty ho guys, its time to get on track (pun intended) with my tracks, I have retained the rubber ones for now, but a mix of paints did this to them, which I am actually quite pleased with in all honesty!

Any thoughts guys?

I will be putting some photos of her up (she is nearly finished after all!)

Sean
doc larsson
Staff Sergeant

Post by doc larsson »

is it a russian based sherman ? Also did the sherman have a muzzle break on it ? I always thought it was the firefly onwards ?
sean Half-pint works
Recruit

YAY you got it right ;)

As far as I can tell (and please correct me if I am wrong hear!!!) there were a mix of breaked and unbreaked guns (Is that the right teminilogy??) I intend to remove the break from mine as i think it looks better... but thats just me!

Return to “Smaller Scale Military”