• Advertisement
Ludwigs

Henschel King Tiger with Zimmerite film

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!

Postby Saxondog » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:02 am

Guys I have been worried over this tank,and the paintwork.The base coat has come out so well I am reluctant to screw it up.

So I have taken a break,during which time I repainted my oldest and first tank an Early Tiger I in gray. But now back to this project and perhaps Kens suggested color scheme?Thanks Ken.

The thing that gets me is the overhead view,the one view almost never provided in drawings?

Trojka_12_Pz_VIAusf_B_Tiger_II_Part_I_Page_134.jpg
Trojka_12_Pz_VIAusf_B_Tiger_II_Part_I_Page_134.jpg (58.27 KiB) Viewed 192 times

Trojka_12_Pz_VIAusf_B_Tiger_II_Part_I_Page_135.jpg
Trojka_12_Pz_VIAusf_B_Tiger_II_Part_I_Page_135.jpg (73.02 KiB) Viewed 192 times
Saxondog

Advertisement

Postby Reaper332 » Tue Jun 26, 2012 2:36 am

Thats alright mate, glad I could help. As for the overhead the front and back shots kind of give you a bit of an idea and I think seeing as though there is no overhead view it lends itself to being done how or what you think looks best.
Thats my opion none of us where there when the real one was painted to say otherwise..
Reaper332
Sergeant

Postby Shane Wolfe » Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:31 pm

That paint scheme looks awesome. I am getting hold of an airbrush and some red/brown this weekend, so will be either posting a happy photo of my new paint or fishing for a pro painter!!!
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Postby Saxondog » Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:31 pm

Hi Shane,it is a challenging scheme,and I am pretty good with my Airbrush,through trail and error but this one will be difficult.

I learned a very useful tool is a lead pencil,not only for the outlining of details but to ghost in the lines between the camo colors and shapes,this helped me a great deal to follow the pattern and to keep the color straight,marking each area with a letter.

It might be this weekend before I try this scheme,me and Ken looked through a hundred before He found this one on the Australian site. If I may be of some assistance please let me know. I was fortunate on my first to have a real pro guide me through it twice! Their really are some very skilled guys on our forum,thankfully,I;m not one but,i have done five now and picked up some basic skills.

Good luck,if possible try for a double action airbrush,better control. All the best.
Saxondog

Postby Shane Wolfe » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:52 am

Thanks SD, for the pencil tip! ;) I am looking forward to it, not least because my painting/modelling skills are non-existant now and this has given me something to try and get a small handhold on the hobby once again.

Stand by...!
Shane Wolfe
Lance Corporal

Previous

Return to Tamiya Builds