my M51...

This section is for you to give a commentary / build log of your Tamiya tank. Remember - lots of pictures please!
Forum rules
This section is for posting a build log of your Tamiya tank.
Questions relating to issues you are having with your tank(s) should be posted in the General Questions forum here: viewforum.php?f=14
brizo58
Warrant Officer 2nd Class

my M51...

Post by brizo58 »

Hi All. Well this is my build of the M51 Sherman .I still have a way to go but almost there.Mr Forgebear is getting my turret and E sprue and turret roller set can get on with the uper and lower hulls.Still have to build the fuel water cans holders.Don:t know if i want the rear stoage bin not made me mine up yet.Got the rest of the turret bits and the KV1 unit for the sound.this is not the final color just the base coat to show up any bits that need doing.
DSCF0001.JPG
DSCF0002.JPG
DSCF0003.JPG
:D .Brian...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Re: my M51...

Post by PainlessWolf »

Good Afternoon, Brizo,
Brilliant work! Neat, clean lines and the details are turning into the complicated stowage that the tank is revered for. Thanks for creating the thread.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Painless,
Yea all the reference photos in the books I have on IDF tanks the rear bin is there :/ . Only a few tanks retained the old Shape rear storage platform so I will have to start making one up :S. I still can't get the barrel support no one has them in stock as well as the rear panel with the exhaust pipe so just have to wait for them :'( . Brian...
PainlessWolf
Lieutenant-Colonel

Post by PainlessWolf »

Brizo,
Tom Hugill is fast turning into the Guru of all things M51 related. ;o) You might chat with him for tips on building these items yourself or barter with him for the finished pieces.
regards,
Painless
...Here for the Dawn...
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi Panless,
Just sent Tom a PM see what he can do for me :S . Brian...
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Ahoy! Looks like you're making some excellent progress. I've seen most of the ones still running don't have the rear stowage bin. Also many of the pictures I've seen are without it. I built mine with one as I wanted the challenge of soldering the frame. If your feeling brave you can scratch build the travel lock. Some u channel plasticard and your sorted! Which other bits do you need to scratch build.
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi tom,
I'm lucky I have a model railway shop up the road pop round there he sells the evergreen plastic bits. The other bit is the rear panel not the panel so much it's the exhaust outlet. Alex's been out of stock for some time of both bits.Regards, Brian...
Last edited by brizo58 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
tomhugill
Captain

Post by tomhugill »

Has he gave you a time frame when they'll be back in stock? Most of the bits on the rear panel could be scratched but the actual exhaust could be a bit tricky.
brizo58

Post by brizo58 »

Hi,
Yea the panel that's straight forward but het exhaust :crazy: . I'll have to get in touch with him
He's got the wheel brackets but that's all at the moment. Brian...
ALPHA
Major-General

Post by ALPHA »

:clap: :clap: You made the thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha: ...Excellent Brizo.. :D
Great Job.... she's going to be as nice a looker as Toms :D

ALPHA

Return to “Tamiya Builds”